Stereo/Antenna help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stereo/Antenna help!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-03-2002, 11:57 PM   #1
wyldgirl

Stereo/Antenna help!

I've got nothing but static on a removable face plate Sony with a stock antenna that's loose. I pulled the instrument panel and the radio to find that the connector from the antenna looked like it had been chewed by a bear. Not sure how it was connected. I'm guessing I have to replace the antenna, but there's an intake or something blocking the bolt inside the Jeep.

How do I get that intake out of the way or (please Please PLEASE) tell me there's an easier way!

Unread 03-04-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
evilpsych

unbolt it.. duh..

no.. seriously.. just remove the antenna from the outside.. you ahve to replace the whole unit.. there's like 2-3 screws and it should just come right out.. then you pull the cable out with it.. installation is reverse of removal..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 12:25 AM   #3
wyldgirl

Thanks. Didn't know it would come off from the outside. Replaced the battery cables today, did some in-depth cleaning and needs assessment. I only took out the stereo for a "look-see," and by then it was dark so I needed to put it back together and quit for the night.

Hey, I couldn't help it. Had to actually DRIVE it tonight! <grin> Wanted one toooooooo long to go a whole day working and not playing.
Unread 03-04-2002, 01:19 PM   #4
evilpsych

not a prob.. always like to see more girl jeep drivers.. btw.. how old are ya and are ya single!..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 02:32 PM   #5
JeepBeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Down boy. Down...

'95 YJ 2.5L 3" Sus.
ProComp MT 33s"
JeepBeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 03:24 PM   #6
AllanAlxndr

Glad to see some more here in AZ

Allan

*'90 Wrangler*
*4 Banger*
*6" of lift, (4" suspension, 2" body)*
*33" ATs on Outlaw II's*
*Pioneer DEH3500/CD deck*
*1800WATT Amp w/ Custom Box*
*2 - 8" Rockford Fosgate HEs*
*Cobra 18WXSTII w/ 4' Firestik Antenna*

Member of Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
AllanAlxndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:43 PM   #7
wyldgirl

I'm 33, a bit older than most here, at least those that I've seen that reveal their ages!

My liscense plate says it all.....

WYLDGRL

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.