stereo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stereo

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-03-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
ryan14

stereo

hey yall, i gotta question, i am gettin a c.d player but i wont it to be safe because my jeep is a soft top, my choices are either one with a detatchable faceplate, or get the tuffy console, i feel like it would be safer in a tuffy, but then my yj's dash is kinda dull and i think a nice lookin c.d player would make it look a little better, but what it gettin stolen, if i have a detatchable one would it be safe in a trailmax pro console, please give me your thoughts, thanks
ryan

ryan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 07:00 PM   #2
evilpsych

well.. if you have a detachable face.. just stick it in your glove box and lock the glovebox.. that or get a tuffy. I've pondered sticking a piece of black ABS in the gapint hole in my dash and sticking switches on there for lights/winch/etc..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:06 PM   #3
the cheeper jeeper

hey i have a 400.00 dollar pioneer head unit and its a detachable and i have the soft top with soft doors and no one messes with ya as long as u take of the face plate plus if it gets stolen its coverd on ur insurence plus in the trunk or lil square called a trunk i have a jl w0 10" sub and a brand new sony 500 watt amp and it fine
the cheeper jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:23 PM   #4
Chumpbusta

I have a Sony head unit in my soft top YJ. I have had it in there for 5 years. It is detatchable. I was paranoid about someone swiping it, so I used to take it out every night. Now, I just pop it out and put it behind my sun visor...outta sight, outta mind. I live in Houston, and radios get snatched all the time. Just put it under the seat or I also hide htings under the carpet of the rear seat...they never feel for anything back there. I think it would be fine...a thief knows if something is locked it must be valuable...
Warn XDi9000 winch, full spray in liner
and all the doodads you need to do it right!
Chumpbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:39 PM   #5
ryan14

hey thanks , ill probably go with the trailmax pro console then, that thing looks really good, and ill getta c d player put in the dash, i jkust alwways worry bout my stuff and i wouldnt wont it 2 get stolen, and i didnt know that insurance paid for stuff like that, so i feel alot better now, thanks alot.: )
ryan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:41 PM   #6
geepYJ95

i have a pioneer deck and in the back behind the seats i have invested over $1000! my system has been stolen once.....and it was even screwed down through the floor. this time i have it bolted through the wheel-wells. i never even take my face plate off anymore....if someone ever did steal it it's not that hard to get a face plate that works with it....so it's not that great of a security feature.....My whole point is get what you want because if someone really wants what you have they're gonna get it no matter how hard it is....so mise well have and enjoy it while you got it
oh and even better...get a deck with a remote! IT makes it so much EASIER..with a bumpy yj with the radio location so low.
[B]Green Jeep Club Member #14[/B]

'95 YJ Sahara Edition, green w/ tan hard and soft tops, Flowmaster 40 series, New cat, 2 10"eclipse subs, pioneer cd deck, and Xtant A series 6001 amp.
geepYJ95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 08:19 PM   #7
WranglerYJ94

geepYJ95 is right, if they want it bad enough, they WILL get it. Get what you want. I have a Sony head unit, two 6x9 on sound bar, two 5 1/4" Alpines, two MTX 12" subwoofers, Rockford amp, 4 Tweeters, etc etc etc....Also, I have a Viper alarm with proximity sensor (if someone comes close it starts beeping). I also installed a dashboard security LED scanner light that catches the eye of theives and scares most of them off...Looks very high tech...Very cool...here is a link to the one I have... http://7925.adahost.com/computer/item11342.html - I bought mine at Pep Boys for $25 bucks. Good luck.
Flowmaster exhaust
Lights
Lotsa 'stuff'
WranglerYJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.