Step By Step 350 sbc Build?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Step By Step 350 sbc Build??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Chevymonster350

Step By Step 350 sbc Build??

Hi, im new to the forum. my dad and i just got a 1989 yj jeep. it has the 4.2 i believe and the 999 trans. also has the 231 xcase. What we are looking to do is drop a 350 in the jeep. this 350 is stock and come out of a 69 camaro. it has a turbo 350 trans. all we are looking for is some power and a fun driver. We know how to drop a motor and trans in the jeep thats not the problem we just need mounts. we want to know what hooks to where (vaccum lines etc.) i know we will need a adaptor for our trans-xcase so we have that and a radiator but what else would we need? ------>if anyone has a step by step guide out there please let me know.<------ im sure there are forums out there that have bits and pieces of what i need but i would love for this to become a sticky or something. any help is appreciated.

Chevymonster350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Check out Novak's website.

Max

Sent from my ADR6300 using JeepForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Chevymonster350

Thanks Max, i still would like to know some sort of rough step by step...
im getting my parts from novak possibily.
another question i had was is it smart to get the adapter for the trans to xcase or just go ahead and try to find one that will fit on a stock 2wd turbo 350?
if so, that will probably be a lot cheaper than using my existing transfer case and getting a adapter.
thanks.
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Chevymonster350

thanks max. i was wanting an actual step by step to doing this.
but also another question i had was, would it be better to buy a transfer case from a junk yard that will fit on my turbo 350 2wd instead of putting all that money into a adapter kit.
let me know thanks.
Unread 02-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Chevymonster350

my reply's not showing up...
Unread 02-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Chevymonster350

anyone?
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Dlambright
1995 YJ Wrangler 

look into a 205. there iron and heavy, but indestructable! the 205 came in ford, chevy, and dodge so you should be able to find the right side drop for your needs at any junkyard. you can easily convert it to a twin stick, or pick up a 203t-case and put the two halfs together making a doubler. that'll give you a ton of different ratios for wheeling. you will have to have an adapter for any t-case, i run a 350sbc/350trans combo also, no t-case i've seen bolts to trans directly. i'm running chevy axles so i used the 241 that came in the blazer donor truck. look into the 205 you'll love it!
Dlambright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
231 , 350 , jeep , swap , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.