post #1 of Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
DeZerTNinjA
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Steering Pump

OK Guyz .. I Have A Wrangler 93 .. 5 Speed Manual ..

So My Steering Pump Went Kaput .. It Starts Spewing Out Oil As Soon As I Turn Off The Engine .. The Mechanic Said That Its Gettin Air From Sumwhere .. And All These Bubbles Start Forming Inside The Reservior As Soon As I Start The Engine .. The Steering Is Not Hard At All .. OK Only 1% Harder Than Usuall But It Whines As I Turn ..

So Heres The Real Part .. I Went To The Stealership To Get A New One .. And The Quoted Me 364$ For A Brand New Steering Pump For YJ .. Someone Over At The Stealership Said That A Pump From A TJ Would Fit The YJ .. When I Went Inside To Check The Pump From A TJ .. It Felt Kinda Different Than Mine .. But The Best Part Is That Its Only 81$ BRAND NEW ..

So Will Tha Pump From A TJ Fit My YJ ?? .. If Yes Then What Specific Model Should I Get The Pump Of .. And Even Though It'll Only Cost Me 13$ To Get The Whole Job Done At A Certified Mechanic .. I'll B Glad If Somone Could Gimme A Heads Up/Write Up/Or Any Other Necessary Pre Caution As I'm Gonna Do It Myself ..

Thanks

post #2 of Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
DeZerTNinjA
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm Anibody .. I Hope Its Not Too Much To Ask ..
post #3 of Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
DeZerTNinjA
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What Am I Kinda Invisible Ovr Here..
post #4 of Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Still early in the day here...give the guys some time to reply. Also, if you fill out your profile, you may get quicker responses.
Cheers!

Wrenching isn't the problem, it's the brains attached to the hands...unfortunately, I'm lacking some of the former so that's why I'm asking you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
post #5 of Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
DeZerTNinjA
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh Kay .. Sowwei But It Was Like 7 PM Over My Side Of The World When I Posted This Question And Its 3 AM Now .. And People Kept Replying To Other Topics So .. I Guess I'll Just Fill Out My Profile N Wait ..
post #6 of Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZerTNinjA View Post
Oh Kay .. Sowwei But It Was Like 7 PM Over My Side Of The World When I Posted This Question And Its 3 AM Now .. And People Kept Replying To Other Topics So .. I Guess I'll Just Fill Out My Profile N Wait ..
No worries and in no way was that a reprimand. Thank you for your service!

Not that it helps you right now, but I looked at the Quadratec items and they all vary in price from $159-189 for new PS Pumps for the I6 4.0L; variants look the same but have different model numbers between the YJ & TJ. However, Quadratec does specify different PSPump models for different Jeep models (YJ vs TJ vs XJ)

Wrenching isn't the problem, it's the brains attached to the hands...unfortunately, I'm lacking some of the former so that's why I'm asking you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!