Steering Problem, wont turn right - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering Problem, wont turn right

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
88Husker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Steering Problem, wont turn right

88 YJ, spring flip over, 33 in BFG.
When I'm going slow it will not turn right. At first it was infrequent, now it is all the time. Nothing blocking or rubbing the tire. I was told that I might need an extension for my steering sector(?) When I last drove it home, it turned fine on my curvy road home, but when I slowed down to pull in the drive way it locked up again.

I made the mistake of "helping a buddy" by paying him to lift the jeep. He decided on his own to install a homeade quick disconnect for the sway bar, both are already busted off. I have all ready fixed the drive shaft and muffler since this "buddy" worked on it. I am not an expert on the jeep, but everything on it seems like it is pretty much stock except for the oversize tires and spring flip over for the lift.

I already know the best answer is to not slow down when turning right. I'm also not ready to put it in a NASCAR race.

Thanks.

Last edited by 88Husker; 04-07-2010 at 07:39 AM..
88Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You need to fill out your jeep info a little better.

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
88Husker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Help me out, what else do you need to know? Its pretty much stock, except for the oversize tires and the spring flip over.

I still have a lot to learn about Jeeps, any info would be helpfull.

THANKS
88Husker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.