??Steering Column shaft with lift?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ??Steering Column shaft with lift??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 04-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Backcountryasm
1995 YJ Wrangler 

??Steering Column shaft with lift??

I am almost finished with my RC 4" lift on 95 YJ. The PO had installed a cheap plastic spacer 4" body lift and dropped the radiator on the mounts with some fabbed steel links (I plan to replicate the same for the new height). While under the jeep I have noticed the rubber mounts to be in rough shape with splits etc.... I do not want the combo of a 4" body lift and 4" suspension lift so I have ordered a Daystar 1" body mount/lift kit to drop the body height. What will I be looking at steering column wise since I am dropping the body 3"??

Thanks in Advance for all opinions!

Backcountryasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well the stock shaft has a collapsing shaft so it depends on weather it is still installed and if so it may just have enough. Or you could look into a new one.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.