Steering column ignition switch question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering column ignition switch question

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-22-2002, 05:56 PM   #1
Charlie L

Steering column ignition switch question

I started having trouble turning my key to start the jeep, then it wouldn't turn all the way back to the lock position..so I took the steering wheel off to access the switch and stuff. I found a spring had worked it's way into the gears on the switch assembly. Does anyone know what those springs are for? Now I'm trying to put it back together minus the springs, but am having trouble figuring out where some rod goes. I think it's the high/low beam actuater rod, but it feels really loose..so I'm thinking it may have became disconnected at the other end. Anyone had the steering column apart..any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm almost ready to take it to the dealer and let them put the pieces back together.

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie L is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.