steering box going out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > steering box going out?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-23-2002, 11:53 PM   #1
Quan

steering box going out?

Recently I started hearing some creaking when i turn my steering wheel. Not the minor sounds of power steering but more like metal creaking sounds. Also, while im driving the steering wheel will seam kinda 'stuck' and kind of hard to move either way. If I just move it a bit either direction it loosens up and feels normal again. Would this be the steering box or what? Thx in advance guys!

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
Bob K

I would suggest first greasing the tie rod ends and ball joints. See if that's a cure. My front end recently started creaking when I turn while the Jeep is stopped. Reliable mechanic told me it's a Jeep thing, not a problem, just springs etc. shifting. But I'm not experiencing the "stuck" problem you are.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.