Starts only with brake light signal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Starts only with brake light signal?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
ez805

Starts only with brake light signal?

I bought a '92 YJ with dash gauges missing and the original harness was spliced up. I replaced it with a 94 harness and now all the factory gauges i bought work, but it wont start with key. When I touch the brake or the hazard light it turns over and runs. All the connectors seem to match, but I guess the original owner mixed up a brake light wire with the ignition. I would appreciate any help as I need to smog it so I can register it by next friday.

ez805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty sure I would just figure out which wires were starting it and get a push button switch for the starter and a toggle for 'on'. Hide them under the dash for security...

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a great kill switch.

Tags
harness , ignition , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.