starting problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > starting problem

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-07-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
rio jeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

starting problem

Hey guys just wanted to pick your brain I have a problem starting my jeep (2.5) it seems like the fuel line is holding to much fuel when I start the truck ,when I drive it runs fine and I replaced the fuel regulator, map sensor and filter. Theres no engine light, just dumping alot of fuel cause you can smell it, and the only way it will start if i hold my foot down on the gas pedal then she will start and run rough for a few seconds then its fine. Does anyone know what my issue can be its been doin this for a few months thanx for any feedback.

rio jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its probably your pressure regulator or a leaky injector. Get a rent the fuel pressure guage from your local parts place and then measure at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Turn the Jeep off and see if the presure bleeds down.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.