Starting issues to much fuel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Starting issues to much fuel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
doubleS1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Starting issues to much fuel

Have a 93 wrangler 2.5 when you crank it for about 5-10 sec it won't start but after you do that and go and remove the elect connection off the injectors and crank it again it will start and run till the fuel is gone in the cylinders.
So it's not a spark issue it seems to be getting to much fuel.
Distributor
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Plugs
Replaced
Good fuel pressure
Will try to start when carb cleaner is squirted into throttle body
Any help is appreciated need to get it running so I can drive it to work

doubleS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleS1 View Post
Have a 93 wrangler 2.5 when you crank it for about 5-10 sec it won't start but after you do that and go and remove the elect connection off the injectors and crank it again it will start and run till the fuel is gone in the cylinders.
So it's not a spark issue it seems to be getting to much fuel.
Distributor
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Plugs
Replaced
Good fuel pressure
Will try to start when carb cleaner is squirted into throttle body
Any help is appreciated need to get it running so I can drive it to work
When you attempt to start it again, turn the ignition for a couple of seconds and if it does not turn over, mash the gas pedal to the floor and keep turning it over.

Does it fire then?

If it does it might be a Throttle Position Sensor or Idle Air Control sensor issue.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.