Starter intstallation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Starter intstallation

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-06-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
grantnps

Starter intstallation

I figured out what the squeeling noise is taday. It's my starter. The place I went to says 300 for parts and labor. I can get a starter motor for around 160. Is it hard to put in a new starter, or should I have them do it?

Thanks for the help.
Grant

Unread 02-06-2002, 03:55 PM   #2
Bob K

Very easy. Disconnect battery. Disconnect starter cable to starter. Remove two mounting bolts. Mount new starter.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
grantnps

The guy said "the starter", is the starter motor what he means, or could be it something else. It was over 200 and the starter motor is the only thing remotely close to that at quadratec.com...so I'm guessing what that means. I just don't want to spend the money, and him be talking about something else.
Unread 02-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #4
grantnps

Oh, and also, where is the starter located. Thanks
Unread 02-06-2002, 07:27 PM   #5
Joker2002

Crawl under your Jeep and look right where the tranny bolts up to the engine. On the passenger side, you should see the starter mounted to the tranny. That's the way it is on mine, at least. I'd guess it'd be the same on yours. If not, just crawl around and look, they're hard to miss.
Unread 02-06-2002, 08:10 PM   #6
grantnps

Found it and got it replaced for around $100 instead of $300.

Fixed the problem and is running better than ever.

Thanks for all the help, I really appriciate it.
Grant

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.