Squeaky Floor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Squeaky Floor

Huge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-22-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
St.LJustin

Squeaky Floor

I have had a squeaky floorboard for quite a few months now and I got to the point where ignored it and I didn't hear it anymore. Last night my buddy told me that it was the most annoying sound he had ever heard. You hear it either when you are tuning left, or going down a bumpy road.It's right below my feet on the driverside floorboard. I've looked so many times thinking maybe it's the floor board sagging and rubbing on the frame but I'm sure that's not what it is. I've been considering selling my YJ and buying a TJ so I don't think this would be a very good sound for a potetial buyer to hear. Has anyone ever had this squeak or have any idea what it might be. Thanks

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
St.LJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2002, 08:23 AM   #2
rollmeover

Is the floor board rusty? Is the metal separating? A quick fix, well it does not fix it but it will cover it, if it is in the floor board, find the noise and hit it with a hammer to bend the metal. You dont have to beat the living hell out of it, just enough to bend the two peices that are giving the noise.
[SIZE=1] 318 - 5.2L, Flowmaster Delta 50[/SIZE]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Silver]--- 00 limited WJ ---[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[SIZE=1] 287 - 4.7L, sotck for now! new purchase![/SIZE]
rollmeover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
St.LJustin

No, it's not rusty or seperating. I've tried banging w/ a hammer little but I really can't tell where it's coming from.

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
St.LJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 04:03 PM   #4
tonyxjyj

check the floor where the seat bolts down. it can stretch and crack. you may have to remove the seat to see it. had to weld mine to stop the noise.
tonyxjyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2002, 08:23 PM   #5
Alheim
1995 YJ Wrangler 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by St.LJustin:
<strong>I've been considering selling my YJ and buying a TJ so I don't think this would be a very good sound for a potetial buyer to hear.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your best bet would be to keep the YJ.
Alheim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.