Squeak, no more of a creeek, - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Squeak, no more of a creeek,

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 05-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Squeak, no more of a creeek,

In march I installed my SYE KIT. I took my time and double checked everything since this was my first real solo project. Finally up here in Maine we had a summer day, so I stripped the top and doors off and went for a nice long ride through the back roads. While pulling into the garage I kept my foot on the clutch and killed the engine, while slowly rolling to a stop I heard a long creek ing sound until I stopped moving. I crawled under the jeep and slowly rolled it with my foot back n forth. It seemed like maybe it was coming from my speedo gear, so my thought was to pull that unit out in the morning when everything cooled down. Before heading in I rolled it a good way by hand with my hands on the tire and tub. I could feel it in the tire as well. I called it a night but tomorrow I'm going to remove the DS and see if I can get the t-case to do it by turning the flange by hand. Anybody else have a creek after install. I did not check fluid yet as there is no signs of any leaks and I did fill it after putting it back in.

jonny93yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.