Springs and shocks with ford 8.8 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Springs and shocks with ford 8.8

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 01-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
tecksjeep
Wait for it......

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post

What does this mean ?
1 ton steering is a really bwefy set of tie rods and ateering setup

Exiled Offroad Colorado

Check out my build here! Criticism and good ideas welcomed Trashy to Fancy
tecksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #17
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

No, really it does not. Beefy(er) yes but not still 1 ton. 1 ton steering is a misnomer. And beefier does not necessarily mean better. Most all the TRE`s and DL parts called 1 ton are from 1/2 and 3/4 ton GM vehicles. Feature 7/8 x 18 threads.

ES2026R Chevy Suburban/Blazer
ES2233L Chevy Suburban/Blazer

Not till you get into 1 inch shanks that the ends become 1 ton. Not many folks build this and it is going to be tough to incorporate that into a Dana30 axle.

Waiting for pictures or at least a description of the steering.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #18
tecksjeep
Wait for it......

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No, really it does not. Beefy(er) yes but not still 1 ton. 1 ton steering is a misnomer. And beefier does not necessarily mean better. Most all the TRE`s and DL parts called 1 ton are from 1/2 and 3/4 ton GM vehicles. Feature 7/8 x 18 threads.

Not till you get into 1 inch shanks that the ends become 1 ton. Not many folks build this and it is going to be tough to incorporate that into a Dana30 axle.

Well I picked the axles up this weekend and I would say the steering on it is at least twice as thick as my stock setup. I got home to late tonight for pictures. but I will get some tomorrow after I get the axles cleaned up.
Unread 01-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #19
tecksjeep
Wait for it......

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

YOu can check out my build thread "trashy to Fancy" I have picture up on there

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.