spring over brake line question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > spring over brake line question

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-24-2002, 10:44 PM   #1
JYRUS

spring over brake line question

with the RE springover kit do you relocate the brake lines or just tie them in the factory spot that sits atop the frame?

JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 08:18 AM   #2
JYRUS

???
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
SethNCSU

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but the kit comes with longer brake lines that you mount in the same position as stock. I had to zip tie mine to the shock though because it was rubbing the tire. Hope that helps you.
SethNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2002, 09:27 PM   #4
JYRUS

i called RE today and the said to redrill new holes on the side of the frame and relocate them to allow them to be longer.
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:16 PM   #5
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you're talking about relocating the hard line, I ran mine below the frame. Just carefully bend it downward and don't kink the line. I didn't have to drill any holes. I just used the rear bolt on the bumpstop to fasten the bracket to the frame.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:39 AM   #6
JYRUS

i am talking about in the front?
Unread 02-26-2002, 08:29 PM   #7
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So am I!
Unread 02-27-2002, 07:17 AM   #8
JYRUS

gotcha, would it be easier to run it down the front of the frame.
Unread 02-27-2002, 08:00 PM   #9
yj1988
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I ended up with a different method after getting tired of my brake lines either being streched too much or rubbing, even after making them longer. I ran braided line to a T mounted on the diff case and down each tube to the brake calipers. This way I have plenty of flex going to the center of the diff and I can drop a tire or stuff it as high as I want with no problems. Do it once and do it right, it will never come back to haunt you.
Unread 02-27-2002, 09:45 PM   #10
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'll agree that is a trick way to do the brake lines. And very effective for off road use. But, those lines are seperated for a reason. Safety. You won't lose both front brakes on a single line failure. Can't say I'd ever recommend this sort of thing on a Jeep that sees highway duty.

I simply bent my hardline and ran it down the inside of the frame. The bracket winds up near the rear of the front bumpstops. I just pulled the rear bolt of the bumpstop and ran it thru both the bracket and the bumpstop.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.