spring over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > spring over

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
jeep16
1990 YJ Wrangler 

spring over

im considering going spring over on my jeep. im in the process of planning out the cost so i was wondering what parts i will need. so far what i have come up with,,,
-slip yoke elim.
-spring over kit

If i do a t-case drop do i need the SYE?
what do i do for steering setup?

thanks. Joe.

jeep16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Before anyone else chimes in, I am going to recommend you read about soa until your eyes bleed. I am planning on going that way this winter and I have already exhausted every piece of information I can find.
YJ_Squared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
buckedgabers1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

sye
perches
brake lines
might as well do axles while its all apart
springs cuz old ones are ganna sag
drive lines
new shock mounts and shocks
high steer or jb4x4 knuckle
alot gos into it its not cheap or quick great ride if done right cheaper and easyer to buy a sua kit
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Start reading.
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Continued reading...

Remember. Until your eyes bleed.
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep16 View Post
im considering going spring over on my jeep. im in the process of planning out the cost so i was wondering what parts i will need. so far what i have come up with,,,
-slip yoke elim.
-spring over kit

If i do a t-case drop do i need the SYE? REALLY???????? why do it all....... do it or dont do it.

what do i do for steering setup?

thanks. Joe.
SOA kits are uselesss......... so far you hav ethe SYE part right.....

READ READ READ..... then come back and ask questions of all the SOA I know of only 1 person used that kit.... and of all the **** they send you only need the perchs.... you dont reuse trac kbars etc...

anyhow Im not getting into it.... just read lots... first thread in my sig is mine, or most of it.... high steer and some other stuf was added after it was completed, but I think its in there to....

I used rocky road highsteer

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Nickabis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Alright, I hate to hijack but I have a few questions as well. I have read and read and so on. My original plan was to stay sua and cut, trim, raise and anything else I could do to get 35's but I was talked into a soa so build plans changed.

I've been collecting parts (stock springs, sye, 8.8 already installed, tires and wheels), I need to get or build some things (anti-wrap bar, spring perches, shock mounts, u-bolts and plates) and some things I'm going to get during the swap (driveline, shocks, brake lines, sway bar disconnects). I'm probably missing things in my lists but it's a general list. Feel free to add something if I forgot.

My biggest concern is my steering. I wanted to keep my budget low-er (highly unlikely) so a full high steer kit is in my budget. I saw JB4X4 has there raised steering bracket for a crossover steering, more in my budget but was curious about the crossover. I've also been reading on the WJ knuckle swap but I have warn's dana 30 manual hub conversion and I wasn't sure if it would work with the WJ knuckles and rotors. I've been searching these questions but coming up with conflicting answers so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Nickabis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckedgabers1 View Post
sye
perches
brake lines
might as well do axles while its all apart
springs cuz old ones are ganna sag
drive lines
new shock mounts and shocks
high steer or jb4x4 knuckle
alot gos into it its not cheap or quick great ride if done right cheaper and easyer to buy a sua kit
Not to mention Anti-Wrap, that's a good $250 right there.
idskot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
jeep16
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idskot View Post
Not to mention Anti-Wrap, that's a good $250 right there.
im probably doing an anti rap regardless so thats not a big deal. as far as axles i already have an 8.8 and geared.
jeep16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Continued reading...

Remember. Until your eyes bleed.
I would say let your eyes heal once they bleed and then read till they bleed some more. I want to do this as well I have been researching here and there for a year and probably have atleast another year before I will even be close to ready to do it. I will be doing research on it until I have nightmares about it.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #11
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep16 View Post
im probably doing an anti rap regardless so thats not a big deal. as far as axles i already have an 8.8 and geared.
an your already talking about skimping... the comment on teh tcase drop....

said itbefore and I will say it again, skimp or cut corners on a SOA and you end up with a POS jeep that you dont want to drive....

your on the right track mostly, just keep going down the right track...

if your gonna do it ....do it... if your thinking already of saving money and cutting corners STOP now.... stay SUA....

@NICK....

your steering is the ONE place you dont skimp out or cut corners... I went rocky road highster kit... yep its pricey most are, cost of going SOA....

and even with all the reading, once you get it apart you will run into issues that are just cause........ I bet you I spent another $500 bucks opn **** like new ubolts, couple body mount bushing were gone, new brake lines as a couple beokre... etc.... it adds upi fast, the main stuff is the easy stuff usually.... its the other **** you run into

I didnt see anyone post you need a new rear driveshaft to.....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.