Spring Bushings....? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spring Bushings....?

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
fishmanwill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Spring Bushings....?

I am getting ready to replace the front shackle hangers and I was wondering what else I should replace. I figure I should replace the bushings on the springs. I am also going to install new shackles. The shackle hanger kit from ruffstuff came with the bushings for the shackle hanger. What other bushings do I need and how many( 2 per spring??)? Are the front and rear spring bushings the same? Any advice from people that have done this would be appreciated thank you.

Will

Unread 08-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
gunnorthered
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If your only replacing the shackle hangars then you only need the shackle bushings. Most new shackles come with shackle to hanger and shackle to spring bushings. As far as the main eye bushings go, stock ones I believe are 1-1/4" while most after market are 1-1/2". Unless you have stock springs then measure them. If not the order stock ones, they're listed on most sites.
gunnorthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
fishmanwill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The springs are stock. The shackles are homemade, my brother and I made them from 3/8" x 2" flatbar. They are original dimensions just beefier. So I thought I should replace all the bushings while I was working on the suspension. Thanks,
Will
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
gunnorthered
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The jeep will flex easier with polyurethane bushings. Go to 4wd.com, they have kits for the springs that include bushings, sleeves, and bolts.
gunnorthered is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.