Sports Bar/Roll Bar Covers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sports Bar/Roll Bar Covers

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
LordOfTheSith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sports Bar/Roll Bar Covers

I am attempting to find new covers for my roll bar. My issue is I am trying to find them in OD Green to match the seatbelts and seat covers I am getting. Does anyone know where I can find them, I am having no luck?

LordOfTheSith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheSith View Post
I am attempting to find new covers for my roll bar. My issue is I am trying to find them in OD Green to match the seatbelts and seat covers I am getting. Does anyone know where I can find them, I am having no luck?
I doubt you'll ever find them in that color. Your best bet is to just paint the covers with duplicolor fabric paint.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
LordOfTheSith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like option two then which is have them made. You would think as many Jeeps as there are around someone would have developed custom covers. After all our motto is Just Empty Every Pocket.
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
befumo
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It would not really make much sense to buy new ones then paint them. But i am buying black ones - or trying to. Rampage (company who makes the pads) and Summit Racing have delayed the pads for two months. Those are only $50, the Bestop ones are $150.

So yeah i would buy used.
befumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like option two then which is have them made. You would think as many Jeeps as there are around someone would have developed custom covers. After all our motto is Just Empty Every Pocket.
What I plan on doing is buying a used set in any color in decent condition for as little as possible and THEN taking them to a marine upholstery shop and have them recovered with the water resistant/mold resistant vinyl in the color of my choice. Those shops have all sorts of colors and sheens and can order just about anything. It'll cost, but they will be exactly what I wanted and withstand the UV and elements very well.

my 2cents
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
LordOfTheSith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you. I am trying to save cash doing this I am married and would like to stay that way. I spent 880 on the interior yesterday. I already have a custom rifle mount so I guess custom covers won't be much more. We have some good upholstery shops in town hopefully I can just hit one of them up and have the sound bar recovered at the same time. Also whomever gave me the thumbs up, thank you.
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I got a set of Camo covers from Rampage & they suck! They faded in less than a week!

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
hdfxrs91
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just took mine off last week. They had been on there for at least 20 years and were looking a bit worse for wear. I'll probably get another set later, but I kind of like how it looks without them.
hdfxrs91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfxrs91 View Post
I just took mine off last week. They had been on there for at least 20 years and were looking a bit worse for wear. I'll probably get another set later, but I kind of like how it looks without them.
I'm running without any because the 1991 YJ had a one-year-off seat belt post location and no manufacturer makes them. It does look good, until you bonk your head like I did on the trails a few weeks ago.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #10
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I already have a custom rifle mount so I guess custom covers won't be much more.
I'd like to see a pic or two of that, if you don't mind.
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
responder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZI4U View Post
I'd like to see a pic or two of that, if you don't mind.
x2!
responder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
LordOfTheSith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Absolutely, as soon as I put it back in the Jeep everything is currently out as I Al's lined the entire tub today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.