splitting a stock? t-case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > splitting a stock? t-case

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
skimsurf
1990 YJ Wrangler 

splitting a stock? t-case

ive got too many threads to keep up with. man i missed having a wrangler! so aside from a back order or two on some things i am adding, im a bit out of mods. i mean out of cash for mods. so, i was thinking about things i can do that wont cost much if anything, and splitting the transfer case came to mind. googled it, and cant find much. can someone point me to a thread about it? i dont do a whole lot of trail riding, till i get a partner or a winch, but if t-cases are as simple as they say, this cannot be that difficult to do. by splitting i mean being able to use just front wheel drive as well. this could be a great addition to a solid front axle. let me know, thanks guys!

skimsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've never seen a twin stick modded 231. The way its designed that would be one serious overhaul to make it work though.
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You can't twin stick an NP231. The closest that you can get to twin stick functionality is to cable actuate the front axle. All that really gets you is RWD Low. You still don't have "front drive only" mode.

The only way to twin stick a YJ is a t-case swap.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.