speedometer not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > speedometer not working

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
parpac316
1995 YJ Wrangler 

speedometer not working

My speedometer on my YJ does not work. When I come to a stop and push the clutch in fairly quickly before I do, my jeep will die. If I keep it in gear as long as possible before coming to a stop most of the time it will not die. The gear in the transfer case looks fine. I have changed the sensor and lined it up correctly according to tire size. Today I tried a different cluster and still nothing from the speedometer. Any suggestions into what else I can do?

parpac316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Use a drill and hook it up to the sensor and spin it. I know you said it was lined up but it sounds like it's not clocked correctly.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.