Speedometer cluster or circuit ribbon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Speedometer cluster or circuit ribbon?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
BlueOvalBoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Speedometer cluster or circuit ribbon?

Okay, I have searched all over the web with very little luck. As stated in an earlier thread of mine I have a corroded circuit board/ribbon in the speedometer/tach cluster and have no lights that work. This thing is in bad shape. I'm having a hard time locating the board/ribbon, where would I find this? Is this a dealer item only?

Or, should I just keep beating the bushes until I find a used cluster?

Help! Thanks.

BlueOvalBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
krd
1988 YJ Wrangler 

try this, not all that difficult: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeep-Wrangler-YJ...QQcmdZViewItem
258 str.6 w/1" mml, nuttered, 32/36 weber carb, hei, TF-999 w/hurst floor shift, np231 w/aa slip yoke eliminator, jks quick discos, 3-1/2" fabtech, 1" bl, MORE 5/8" boomerangs front and rear, dana 44's front and rear 4.56 locked, herculined tub and family style roll bar, jks u-bolt plates, xenon flat fenders, rrc pre-runner, custom built rear bumper, Gen-right rock sliders and hood louvers, 35" mtz micky t's, bullet proof high steer, bestop soft top w/tinted windows.

1988 yj
2007 gmc 2500 crew cab
2009 volvo xc70 turbo
1988 porsche 911
krd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
pat8942
1992 YJ Wrangler 

This looks like your best bet.
The dealer wants $255 just for the printed circuit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krd View Post
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
BlueOvalBoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

krd- Thanks I saw that in m search. I have a feeling the two bidders already after that are going to get into a bidding war. I was hoping to find one listed somewhere else. There is another one on ebay, but the sellers feedback is terrible and they don't do paypal. Both red flags for me.

pat- Thanks for that info. I was wondering how much they got for that. I'll keep looking for a replacement cluster.

Is the any way to swap in a newer cluster? Any write ups?

Thanks guys.
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Cannon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

"Flexible Circuit Panel" 'bout three yrs ago at CollinsBros, $45. Keep searching here on j_f_ yj section, may want to go back further in time. Will be plenty of guidance, how did mine.
'90YJ Hard & Soft w/Full Drs; 4.2 Rebuild w/ Webber, 30x10.5; Interstate MegatronII D34; Mods: Rock Guards; Hi Lift Inst; Herc'd Tub, Front & Under; Elev Rear Seat; Scty CntrConsole/ Overhead&Rear Boxes; KC Lights-Fr & Rear; PA Sys; Gauges; Int Lts; Batt/Alt Cable; Heater Mods; 8K Winch, KargoMaster Rack w/Yak Megawarrior Basket; Ground Lights (4);Dumped - Optima Yellow after only 4yrs
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
pat8942
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Being in Michigan (Car Parts Heaven) you should be able to round one up from a boneyard.
If not try http://www.junkyarddog.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalBoy View Post
krd- Thanks I saw that in m search. I have a feeling the two bidders already after that are going to get into a bidding war. I was hoping to find one listed somewhere else. There is another one on ebay, but the sellers feedback is terrible and they don't do paypal. Both red flags for me.

pat- Thanks for that info. I was wondering how much they got for that. I'll keep looking for a replacement cluster.

Is the any way to swap in a newer cluster? Any write ups?

Thanks guys.
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
BlueOvalBoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cannon- Thanks! I search with that.

pat- Thanks for the link, I'll check that out. I was thinking about checking out some of the "U Wrench It" places to see if anyone had a cluster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.