Speedometer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Speedometer

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 11-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
'99xjlimited
2006 XK Commander 

Speedometer

does anyone know where i can find a speedometer sensor assembly or know what the OEM number is?

'99xjlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you're looking for something cheap and inexpensive, I wouldn't know where to tell you to look.

Have you tried your local Jeep Service/Parts Dept?
JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
'99xjlimited
2006 XK Commander 

not yet, trying to avoid going there
'99xjlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '99xjlimited
not yet, trying to avoid going there
Why? Generally they are an excellent source for parts, many times, their prices are competative with the aftermarket, and the quality is usually the best? And they can generally have the part there the next day... I always recommend that they are the first place to go, then if you don't like the price, at least you know what you're up against... and if it can't be found anywhere else, well, you know you can get it there... Always mystifies me when folks immediately kick the dealership to the curb...Also, if you consider the time you're gonna spend, and possibly waste, trying other sources, and if you consider your time valuable, the dealer isn't such a bad deal...
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatboy
Why? Generally they are an excellent source for parts, many times, their prices are competative with the aftermarket, and the quality is usually the best? And they can generally have the part there the next day... I always recommend that they are the first place to go, then if you don't like the price, at least you know what you're up against... and if it can't be found anywhere else, well, you know you can get it there... Always mystifies me when folks immediately kick the dealership to the curb...Also, if you consider the time you're gonna spend, and possibly waste, trying other sources, and if you consider your time valuable, the dealer isn't such a bad deal...

I completely agree! Sometimes there are some very hard to find parts and you can spend hours on the internet trying to find "it", and end up with nothing.

Or you do find "it", order it and then find out that the part you want/need is backordered. Grrrrrr.

The dealership can get you virtually any part you need. Sure it might cost a little more, but it's worth the cost to save your time and yourself from headaches.

JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
bhartwell59
1987 YJ Wrangler 

^^ and the best part... is the part WILL fit.
4.2 '87 yj, 300,000+ miles, mopar mpi, 33" bfg mud KM2, skyjacker 4", 3.73 gears, arb lockers-f and r., tom wood's 2.07 sye conversion, tom wood's hd driveshaft, magnaflow cat/custom exhaust, 4wd rear bumper/swing-out tire carrier
bhartwell59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
Omega_9x

You can also check local junk yards for scrap wranglers. If You know exactly what You're looking for, and where it is on Your Jeep, bring some tools, talk to the people there, and more than likely they'll let You go into the yard and take it out Yourself. You can get the parts You need for dirt cheap that way. Dealerships are a good source, but only if You're willing to pay out for the parts.
[B][COLOR="Red"]'93 YJ:[/COLOR][/B] 35x12.50 15 BF Goodrich AT KO on Mickey T. Classic II's, Tom Woods Custom CV Shaft, 3-4 inch springs (Brand Unknown) 2" Shackles, 1" Red Poly BL, 4.10 Yukon Gears, Powertrax No-Slip Locker, BW Pocket Flares, BW Rocker Panel Guards, Outland Hi-Back Bucket seats
Omega_9x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
cosminciortan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

part no: 5602 7825 - Sensor, vehicle speed
that's what the 94-96 official jeep parts list says
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMan1975 View Post
Or you do find "it", order it and then find out that the part you want/need is backordered. Grrrrrr.
that's why i always order by phone.. they have to tell me about backorder stuff..
cosminciortan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.