Speedo. gear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Speedo. gear?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-26-2001, 02:39 AM   #1
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Speedo. gear?

Where can I get a speedo gear? I know that my speedo is off, and with me breaking lots o' stuff lately I cant afford any tickets. Any Idea on cost? slghtly modifyed 4 cyl 4.11's, 31's

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2001, 05:08 AM   #2
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Go to the dealer. Actually first go to www.jeeptech.com and see what tooth count you need. Then go to the dealer and have them look it up. it will cost about $12 for the gear and under $1 for the O-ring. Get the O-ring just in case you pinch the old one. Takes only a few mintures to install if you know what you're doing. The hardest part is indexing the speedometer housing. But that's pretty easy once you know the numbers on the housing corespond to the tooth count. Just move the clip to the right numbers and bolt down. If it doesn't work then try rotating it some more.
Unread 04-26-2001, 11:29 AM   #3
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks,jeffy, I need a 36 tooth speedo. gear.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.