Speaking of A/C's in YJ, can you help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Speaking of A/C's in YJ, can you help?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:22 AM   #1
OhYeah

Speaking of A/C's in YJ, can you help?

Hey friends,

I see from a few posts that a few of you do have A/C in your YJ's. I have it also but all the wiring is tied up under the dash and none of it is hooked up. Can you tell what color the power wire is and where any of the wires are going. I would love to get this working again. I have had the Jeep a year and haven't been able to figure it out.
Or do you know of an installer of aftermarket a/c's, maybe I can get a diagram from them.

Thanks,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2001, 08:05 AM   #2
Jeep Chic

Sorry, but I don't have A/C in mine, but I can put this back to the top so someone with the knowledge can help you!
Jeep Chic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2001, 02:28 PM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

Hi.Cant help you on this one but will tell you that,droping the AC unit under the dash was very hard I replaced the heater core on my jeep and worked on the heater fan an the heating system and the Ac was in the way,so I know you may want an easy fix but i would ask around for a auto elect.repair guy or find some one to with knowledge of AC they can usally trace the wires down, there are quite a few.But if you already have the hardware in I would only replace what you need like I did.But to be truthful it is a pain to work on.Sorry!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.