spartan locker vs aussie locker on a dana 30 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > spartan locker vs aussie locker on a dana 30

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
89yjtahiti
1989 YJ Wrangler 

alright guys, so it's a 50/50 deal
some of you prefer the front locked, some prefer the both axles
so I will listen both of you
I will lock the front axle first and make a try on a trail or little week end expedition.
if not enough, then will lock the rear after.
tks so much

89yjtahiti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #17
ownTer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Try to post your results with them.

Thanks
ownTer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
89yjparrothead
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running the Spartan in the front(Dana 30) and rear(Dana 44) of my YJ and haven't had any issues with them. I'm running 33" Goodyear MTR's, and I'm very happy with them. It's not a DD, but it does get quite a bit of street use. The rear unloads from time to time, but I've gotten used to it. Good luck with your decision
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #19
apache2158
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I personally think its better to lock the front. It's a lot easier to pull the rear over obstacles than push the front.
apache2158 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #20
89yjtahiti
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have finally received my spartan locker for my dana 30, I follow the instructions for the carrier removal, it's a hard job because I remove the little pin but the cross pin in the differential is just in front of the ring... so I'm stuck in the removal process.. cannot slide it off, so I tried to remove the C clip from the passenger side, and no c clip on the driver side
from the video on youtube,
the axle shaft should move freely ???? I have only one c clip that was passenger side, I don't really understand ??? the rust of the hub assembly is keeping the hub stuck on the axle
is anybody has experienced this ???
Idon't know how to proceed now
help
Unread 01-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #21
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You should only have a c clip on the passenger side, which holds in the inner shaft. to remove the other shaft you need to remove the wheel bearing. If this is the first time you've removed it you'll have to get aggressive with a breaker bar and some PB blaster.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #22
Tillmbil
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Agreed on the push pull phylosphy. I only used my rear locker in mud or on really difficult rock climbs. Hard to find rock hear in Florida, but is does exist.

I second your hearing your results after installing the front locker.
Tillmbil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 01:13 AM   #23
89yjtahiti
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I will post the result of the front locker after this week end
Unread 01-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #24
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjtahiti
I will post the result of the front locker after this week end
And the results are
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #25
89yjtahiti
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have just returned after a very good drive test on the highest mountain here, in tahiti, with good mud, some rocks, and sloppy road, and I'm so happy, tis guys for the recommendations.
I have locked the front with the spartan, and I can't wait to receive my aussie locker for the rear. But whoaaaa, guys this little locker makes the big difference, I was able to reach some spots, that I did not when I was on open differential at the front, if you can buy it, then buy it, very satisfied... my 4LO with the front locked, is impressive, it will reach every obstacle with ease
I have a Facebook page, steven loussan, I post some pictures, on the forum, the pics have to be so small that you cannot appreciate.
so if you want to travel with my pics then ask me a friend request.
excellent locker
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #26
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice review. I look forward to seeing how you like the rear and front locked together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #27
89yjtahiti
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have locked the rear with the aussie, for now I find that clicking noise is strange, even on small turn,
I tried to make a little burn out, just to see how it perfoms, and the traction seems to be very good , both wheels turned easily
I will post the final result, when i will go offroading
Tks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.