Spark Plugs... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spark Plugs...

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-18-2001, 05:46 PM   #1
Pantera

Spark Plugs...

I know I am opening a can of worms here... But, what does everyone use for spark plugs??? Has anyone tried SplitFires??? Are they worth it??? Also, any recommended ignition sets I should think about getting??? I have a 2.5L YJ and I seem to be a little short on low-end power (I have a dead spot between 1500-2500 RPM) and thought some ignition improvements might remedy this... I already have a throttle spacer, K&N and cat back exhaust... Should I upgrade to a 4.0L throttle body first??? Thoughts???

Pantera
DTTI

Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2001, 03:19 AM   #2
Somohllik

I just got a spitfire spark plug the other day. I need a new one anyways and for $5.00 i figured what the hell you know. I guess it is supposed to be better, but i am not exactly sure for what. I have yet to install it, but i'll let you know when I do. Along with the spark pug i am putting on a 2in. body lift.

Hey quick question, is it worth it to get the cat back exhaust that you have on your rig?? I have a 4.0 already, and looked at getting one. Also what price range are they in.

[url="http://www.Soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=Slimmy"]Click here to make money for listening to music !![/url]
Somohllik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2001, 12:05 PM   #3
Pantera

Ya know, I really like the way by 4banger sound with the cat backs and intake setup I have... I know this may sound a little funny, but it sounds a little like a tractor, and being from Nebraska, I have a lot of respect for the power of a tractor... The exhaust was installed by the previous owner, so I have no idea about price or what the Jeep® ran like prior to the mod... I do know I smoked a Honda Civic with one of those coffee can things attached to it exhaust the other day... So, I got that going for me... I think I'll go ahead and get some upgraded wires, a new cap, and some normal plugs this weekend... I'll let y'all know how it goes...
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2001, 09:48 AM   #4
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I Just ditched my splitfires for Bosch Platinum + 4's. I prefer the Bosch
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.