Spark plugs?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spark plugs??

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 09-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Yeah. That's why I had Ford emissions parts and an ecm in my Jeep. It's also why the team rush upgrade works. Ford 300ci cap, rotor and plugs.
AMC was its owner it didn't base the 4.2 off ford I have a GM ignition In mine

Unread 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #17
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
AMC was its owner it didn't base the 4.2 off ford I have a GM ignition In mine

Then whys I got a ford computer, wires, and cap and some sensor thingies in the air box?

Hell, I'm probably wrong and that's okay. I apologize if I am but what I've seen makes sense to me.
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #18
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Then whys I got a ford computer, wires, and cap and some sensor thingies in the air box? Hell, I'm probably wrong and that's okay. I apologize if I am but what I've seen makes sense to me.
Cause someone did the team rush mod that why.

Same reason I have a GM ignition cause I went HEI
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I don't think the 4.2 was an off-shoot of anything Ford, but AMC used parts from Ford, GM, and Chrysler before they went belly up. The ICM interchanges with Ford Duraspark. The coil interchanges with Ford. And this is the original MCU from under my dash. They didn't exactly try to hide the fact.

bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #20
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds
I don't think the 4.2 was an off-shoot of anything Ford, but AMC used parts from Ford, GM, and Chrysler before they went belly up. The ICM interchanges with Ford Duraspark. The coil interchanges with Ford. And this is the original MCU from under my dash. They didn't exactly try to hide the fact.
Which was my reasoning for thinking it was based off of a ford 300. What are the odds that AMC built their 258 in 1971, a few years after the 300 was already out, without designing something off of the 300. Just plain luck or coincidence that the handful of parts interchange without much work?

Realistically they may not have anything in common, theoretically it all makes sense.
Unread 09-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #21
mrmud4x4
1988 YJ Wrangler 

OK guys..since I started this...here's a good write up of the AMC engines...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_straight-6_engine
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #22
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

The AMC 6 was out of a mid 60's Rambler and is not related to Ford.

AMC didn't go belly up, it was a merger where Chrysler converted AMC stock to Chrysler stock plus $1.04 a share.

They (Chrysler) wanted the valuable Jeep/Eagle brand. the dealer network, and the new AMC Bramalea plant.

AMC had already been manufacturing cars for Chrysler anyway. Models like Plymouth Gran Fury, Dodge Diplomat, and Chrysler Fifth Avenue were built by AMC.

We haven't touched on the Renault Alliance disaster.

Kinda interesting huh?
Unread 09-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #23
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

AMC was definitely close to going belly up, that's why Chrysler bought the company. Jeep/Eagle was the only profitable part of the company.

Renault was considering bankrupting AMC, but Chrysler wanted it.
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.