Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Source for 4.0 frame mounts...

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Hghgrad 
#1 ·
I've looked around and every link I find leads me to somewhere that is closed down. I'm looking for the frame mounts to finish the 4.0 swap in my 94 yj.

The 2.5 mounts aren't the same. I don't see them working without some heavy modification and they're not in the greatest shape after cutting them off.

I'm looking to finish this swap up sometime soon since the 4.0 is currently in place hanging from my hoist. Just need mounts to tack up before I get the driveshafts tubed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And here's a picture just because :)

See less See more
#7 ·
I don't think people are getting what you're saying lol. He needs the actual metal mount that gets welded to the frame. Not the rubber bushing mount that bolts the motor to the frame.

Did you try junkyards? have them cut you the section around both sides

#11 ·
I found moparonlineparts that carries them relatively cheap. So, I ordered them and now I just have to wait for them to be delivered. I've already got a set of m.o.r.e. 1" MML's.

Now, I just need to find a decent price on a daystar 1" BL so I can build a flat skid.

#12 ·
It was posted by browndog that they don't carry those frame brackets that are listed on monster and they haven't been able to get them taken down from their site. I wasn't able to locate them on their actual site, so I assume that this was a correct statement.

The mounts came to $92 shipped...which I feel is a really good price considering.

#16 ·
Thanks. Did you ever notice you'll come across a thread with exactly your problem with the search engine only to find out it's fixed and they never posted it back. It gets frustrating. Thats why I have so many links I post. I have a book mark collection of a few hundred threads that are completes with all the info. because the search engine doesn't know the difference.

#17 ·
Everything I've found says that they're the same...it's fairly clear that they're not when I place mine on the frame for mock up. The motor sets way too high even without the lift mounts on.

I found a local shop that stocks the daystar kit for the body lift for $152. Hopefully I can grab that this week sometime.

#19 ·
Check ebay. Saw a set there used but in good shape. I went through some posts about swapping engines before when I was thinking about putting in a 4.0l. They all say 2 reuse the motor mounts you cut off. Will it work?

#20 ·
I likely won't be able to reuse the mounts I cut off. Mine didn't end up in the best shape when they came off. The drivers mount also looks like it would need modification to work.

I'm going to have to do something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.