Sound System & Top Suggestions Anyone? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sound System & Top Suggestions Anyone?

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-06-2002, 03:13 PM   #16
geepYJ95

Metallica RULES!! mandatory metallica

[B]Green Jeep Club Member #14[/B]

'95 YJ Sahara Edition, green w/ tan hard and soft tops, Flowmaster 40 series, New cat, 2 10"eclipse subs, pioneer cd deck, and Xtant A series 6001 amp.
geepYJ95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #17
Lyle36

i have a 95 yj i bought some thor 6x9 speaker boxes that fit between the the roll bar behind the seat and the fenderwell, i put some rockford fosgates in there and it sounded good, the boxes were 100 and the speakers were 90. i also have ajenson amp and a MA audio 12" sub, all together including my reciever i spent about 550 but it sounds badass
rear bumper off TJ
Pacesetter TFX Exhaust System
Daystar 1" Body Lift
cowl inducted fiberglass hood
Summit Racing Seats........just geting started
Lyle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:31 PM   #18
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I make sure to keep my receiver hitch on the left side of the jeep, when thats there it is so tight you cant move it with the gate shut the way i have it in... so my seat cant be folded down when its blocking the lever crcuit city by my house quoted me like 100 bux i walked out laughing... i dont know how to quote either but the only thing about suprising people with bass is 1. its advertisement - i was followed one night from a cruise (didnt know it at the time)and broken into at a later date, luckily they didnt get anything the alarm scared them. and 2. that spring loaded licence plate ALWAYS rattles
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:53 PM   #19
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

payed 100 for those wedges?? you got ripped they are like 70 in the mags, now you can get color match tho.. couldnt when i got mine.
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:46 PM   #20
diverguy

Not worried about my system getting ripped off. My amp is mounted in my old air filter box under the hood.The hood is locked. Wedge speakers boxes with 6x9 jbl's fiberglassed in between roll bar and fender well, alpine speakers in dash. No sub. No problems. Lots of space.
diverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2002, 09:53 PM   #21
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thats trick, in the old airbox... hope its sealed up good and gets airflow, but still trick, i have an aftermarket center console that is the exact width of my amp on my 6x9's made for a trick installation there, would never know if i didnt tell anyone, especially when the cover is in place to fill the gap between the floor and the console... its bolted directly to the bottom of it. very hard to stealk where its at.
Unread 05-07-2002, 07:55 AM   #22
Beers_and_Bellbottoms

Hey Bryan j, here is what I did as for the sound system in my jeep. I originally had a custom made box that held (2)12 inch JBL-1000'S subs in them. this box replaces the whole back seat, but it used to look really cool cause they also had 2 Rocksford-Fosgate Punch 300's custom built in them along with a cross-over.. It looked like something you see in a magazine. And it had the deepest bass in town, my eyeballs will shake, besides the mirrors... anyway... I grew out of the whole bass thing and I wanted my backseat back.. so I Took out all the amps and subs.
Besides, like everyone is saying, breaking into a jeep is easy, and it has happened to me. So I don't keep anything expensive in there any more, but I still have a great sound with decent bass.
Here is what I did and recommend. Keep the sound bar. purchase a good 4 channel detachable face stereo.
I have the Sony ex-plode. Unless you are running big subs, you don't really need big amps.. my stereo packs 50 watts RMS per chanel. (RMS is true wattage). Then Also get a 6x9 box at your local auto-sound store and mount them ontop of the rear wheel-wells. (bolt them down with 2 1/4" bolts from the inside of the box before putting in the speakers, so no one could take them. This box will also serve as arm rest for the rear passengers. Try to get a box that is design to have the 6x9 speakers face the front and not each other. Then get the POLK-audio 6x9 for boats. I don't know if they still make them, but I got these great water resistant speakers for boats. So You don't have to run out to your car when your top is down and it starts to rain.(also try to mount the speakers with torx screws for safety.. If you don't have torx sets get the tamper proof ones. Since you have the 4 banger, you will need them when you start tinkering under the hood. "4.0L-TBswap") Then power all 4 speakers with your head unit stereo. This will keep you away from a bunch of wires you will need to wire amps. I don't recommend getting anything to replace the dash speakers. I think they hold 3x6's in there I forget, but there is nothing you can buy to get great sound out of them because of the size and design, besides.. its a PITA to install them. I put the POLK's in there as well and was disapointed with the results.
Now, there are many ways to get sound in your car, but that all depends on your bugget and your taste of music. I personally recommend this set up, cause is not too expensive and its pretty loud also. Not to mention a crisp sound. alot of times when you start wiring heavy duty amps, you get some static or altenator noises, unless you have some knowledge on wiring stereos. and I could help you out then too.
sorry for the long post, but hope this helps.
It works for me when I pump some Pride&Glory stuff

I still have the box, if anyone is interested for a good deal.
Diver guy, that's a interesting place to mount your amp!! does the amp ventilate good? does it over heat and shut off?. Cool idea..
Beers_and_Bellbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2002, 11:55 PM   #23
bryan j

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP, IM TAKING IT ALL INTO CONSIDERATION, YOU ARE ALL GREAT. GO JEEP.
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.