sound bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > sound bars

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
canesqb3

sound bars

What are yall running for the tunes. I bought the vdp sound pods from quadratec and they SUCK! I am looking at this sound bar with 6 speakers. what do you guys think and what works and doesnt work for you guys.

95 YJ 6 cyl., RE 4.5 XD lift, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS all terrain, Mickey Thompson Classic II's, Tera Low SYE and CV Drive shaft, Smittybuilt rocker guards, Rock Hard Front Bumper and steering box skid, LOD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, 1" BL, tj flares,T-max 9000lb. winch, Overhead Sound pods, Rhino Lined, pro comp spotlights, midland cb radio.
COMING SOON... painting rims black, synthetic winch rope
[B]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]JESUS IS LORD!!!![/COLOR][/B]
canesqb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
z71offroader

im currently running an alpine head unit with alpine type s speakers 4x6 in the dash and 6.5" on a sound bar. they sound very good.
93 YJ- SOA, R.E 1.5" Leafs, Custom paint, 35x16 Boggers,15x10 97 series rockcrawlers. Diamond plated interior and exterior, Tera SYE/CV DS, Herculined Tub, Bestop, Warn Bumpers w/ 9.5ti, 8.8" rear, D30 front, both ARB's with 4:88's, Super 88, Posi-Lok, Alpine Stereo, Tuffy Security, Hella Fogs, ProComp Spots, and much more.

07 2500HD D-Max CC LB Black Ranchhand Bumpers, MBRP 5" Straight Piped Exhaust, Edge Evo, N-fabs, 305/65/18 BFGs on Black Motos, much more soon to come!

(Sold)03 Z71- 33x12 BFG Muds, American Racing Victor Teflons, K&N intake, Gibson Exhaust, Ranchand bumpers, Hypertech programmed, Hella Spots, 12" JL sub, and much more.
z71offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the speakers that come in any sound bar are never quality...they just put the speaker in a better location so you hear it better. your best bet is to buy a 2 speaker soundbar, or just keep those pods you bought and put some quality speakers in there. i run polk momo's all around and everything it crisp and clear and i built my soundbar so the sound bar has nothing to do with sound quality...it just holds the speakers.

jeeps r sweet
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #4
BlackRio95

I have an Autostar 6 speaker soundbar that came in my Wrangler when i purchased it.
It is being powered by a Sony Xplod CDX-4000X 50wX4 head. I can't find anything about Autostar online but it is an awesome sounding bar. With the top off going 55 mph it still sounds good. Again, I tried to look up the specifications (watts, etc) online with no luck. It doesn't produce really any bass but what do you expect with 6.5" speakers and smaller. The front dash 4X6 speakers are currently disconnected and i plan on replacing them with a pair of sony xplod 4X6's that i bought for my Nissan Pathfinder and never installed. I'm also going to get a 150X2 Profile amp and swap my 10" Kicker subs that are currently in my pathfinder...or I may go with one Infinity Perfect 12 and a Profile mono amp to save room. The sub is most likely going into the "trunk" behind the back seat in a box I may customize to have a storage compartment built into it so it's use is more practical.
BlackRio95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
Neener Neener
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My wife bought me the Bestop soundbar that you can set in different positions. The sound is really good, but I don't like the position it sits in. because if you're running a windjammer it blocks out the sound. In the summer it's no big deal, but winter's a different story. Plus, it's a little pricey.

[QUOTE=Al The Killer]My monkey likes your monkey[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Grape Ape] Just go get one and lick it when you get the urge. [/QUOTE]

[url]www.immigrationcounters.com[/url]
Neener Neener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
red92YJ

I just bought a 6 speaker sound bar off of Ebay. The price was right and I can hear the radio good now so I am happy. I'll use it until the speakers blow out then put some good ones in there.
1992 red YJ soft top 4.0 w/5 speed BF Goodrich 31x10.50 M/T tires, 1.25" shackle lift, Rancho RSX shocks, Outland Neoprene seat covers, Outland Acoustic brief bikini top, KC lights (windshield and bumper)
Sound bar and JVC HD radio.
[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/Non%20Gun%20pics/Jeepapril20071.jpg?t=1176762892"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/Non%20Gun%20pics/Jeepapril20071.jpg?t=1176762892[/URL]
red92YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
dbguync

I have no tunes at all in mine. Just the sweet sound of gears grinding and the engine wearing out while on the trail I always know when something is about to break that way LOL
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
vmkwrangler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

anyone useing the VDP speaker boxes that go in front of the rear wheel well? I have been think about trying them, instead of a sound bar.
Ramsey Rep 9.5e
TJ Flares, 32x11.50's
vmkwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #9
bokey
1999 XJ Cherokee 

instead of paying a bunch of money, why not fab up something custom? It wouldn't be too hard
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Gigidy Gigidy

I just replace the crappy paper speakers with a pair of crappy pioneers, lol. I don't really care that much about sound systems as long as I can hear somthing, the only thing I hate about the sound bar is that is always sliding up and Im constantly pushing it bake.
Gigidy Gigidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 11:03 AM   #11
bokey
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigidy Gigidy
I just replace the crappy paper speakers with a pair of crappy pioneers, lol. I don't really care that much about sound systems as long as I can hear somthing, the only thing I hate about the sound bar is that is always sliding up and Im constantly pushing it bake.

Maybe try fabing up a bolt that goes through the roll bar through the sound bar. Or velcro it down. OR zip tie it (redneck!)
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I've heard the 6-speaker bars suck. There's not enough room to let the sound come out "good"...

I've got a regular OEM soundbar in mine and it works pretty well. I'll upgrade the speakers eventually, but for now... I can still hear the music.
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
w83066

mounting autostar sound bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrio95 View Post
i have an autostar 6 speaker soundbar that came in my wrangler when i purchased it.
It is being powered by a sony xplod cdx-4000x 50wx4 head. I can't find anything about autostar online but it is an awesome sounding bar. With the top off going 55 mph it still sounds good. Again, i tried to look up the specifications (watts, etc) online with no luck. It doesn't produce really any bass but what do you expect with 6.5" speakers and smaller. The front dash 4x6 speakers are currently disconnected and i plan on replacing them with a pair of sony xplod 4x6's that i bought for my nissan pathfinder and never installed. I'm also going to get a 150x2 profile amp and swap my 10" kicker subs that are currently in my pathfinder...or i may go with one infinity perfect 12 and a profile mono amp to save room. The sub is most likely going into the "trunk" behind the back seat in a box i may customize to have a storage compartment built into it so it's use is more practical.
i have a autostar 6 speaker sound bar , would like to know how to mount it in my 1984 cj7, thanxs gerald
w83066 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.