Sound bar -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2002, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
jeep thing
Sound bar

Hey just ordered a sony explode sound bar for my jeep did i waste my money. And i need some advise on alarm systems. My jeep has had the stero system stolen 3 times i am getting pissed and so is my insurance company. Please help

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2002, 10:57 PM
I don't know much about the bar itself but I do know that the Sony Xplode speakers are great. As far as getting things stolen, there are some alarm systems that have proximity sensors that are set off when there is any movement in the imediate area. I've heard that the best feature in an alarm though is the little red light that will usually scare potential theives away. There are also consoles that go between the seats where you can buy that you actually install the head unit in. (Tuffy Consoles) Have Fun

Black 95 4.0 YJ, RE Extreme Duty 4.5" with 33x12.5 BFG MTs and Much Much More

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
post #3 of 6 Old 03-26-2002, 03:17 AM
Mr. Mopar
i have a Panasonic c/d deck in my jeep model #dpg625. the face comes off and i just put it the console between my 2 seats. i love that deck , ive had all 4 wheels off the ground and it wont skip.

major work done on a 4.0
KEEP IT JEEP!!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 6 Old 03-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I personally have a detachable face pioneer cd player. When I first bought it, I always took it off and even carried in my back pocket. Then I just started putting it into the console. Then my console got broke into. Stange thing was they didn't take the face plate or the cd player. I've gotten to the point where I don't even take it off anymore. I love that cd player though. I don't think I've ever heard it skip, even going down those washboard roads.

Black 95 4.0 YJ, RE Extreme Duty 4.5" with 33x12.5 BFG MTs and Much Much More

Member #5 of the Black Jeep Club
post #5 of 6 Old 03-26-2002, 10:28 PM
I put a alpine detachabile in my 88 with no door looks i just take the face plate off. and the sound bar i personaly got two speaker boxes from steel horse and mounted them on the roll bar with 1/2 inch steel u-bolts and welded the nuts on then installed the speakers(eclipse 6-9's LOUD)
and the alarm get a shock detecter it wont wake the neighber if the wind blows but if someone gets in it will shore as hell wake the street.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-27-2002, 01:51 AM
i posted this on a previous thread.

here is what i have.

Kenwood detachable/ reversable deck
2x 5x7's in the front
the sound bar above me
2 6x9's bolted to the wheel wells
MTX 4x100 amp bolted to the floor
and a 12" Bazooka sub (with a closed box)

First off cable tie or chain the **** out of everything!!! all the rear speakers are held together with thick wire ropes. Also make a box of cover for your amp... 3rd if you have a softop, GET A TINTED ONE!!!!!! Bestop sent me one and i didnt even ask for it! cool huh. I found the only place that stuff is EVER stolen is in my apartment complex, so yea a cheep shock alarm doesnt hurt. Everywhere else the alarm is useless.
I tell you tho, my music is CRYSTAL at 70 down 280!

Dont go to Western Auto and w4d in Reno NV, they stole 11,000$ and 7 months of my time to get my jeep back with junkyard parts... and i cant even sue them... live and learn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.