Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

sometimes start sometimes wont

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jimbos76cj 
#1 ·
Have a 94 yj and about tp go crazy with his starting issue sometimes it will start and sometimea it wont it can be hot and start thatn not start and same with it being cold any ideas and i uave bran new sparks coil wires and d cap

#2 ·
Before the starter went in my 94 I had the same symptoms. When it wouldn't turn over I'd have to reach down and give the starter a good tap with the o'l hammer, then she'd fire right up. If this isn't your issue then clearly you have a loose connection, I'd start at the terminals and go from there. Hope this helps bud...

#4 ·
Won't start or won't crank? If it won't start look under your dash there should be a ground wire attached to your parking brake pedal assembly. I had one not start do to the bracket braking from the side of the tub. So e times it would make contact and some times it wouldn't.. I think the wire runs the fuel pump. Probably not if but may be worth the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.