Somethings WRONG?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Somethings WRONG?!

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #16
4PlayFlorida
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
Was it an oem or name brand axle or was it some unknown item. Proper heat treating is critical for parts like that.
got it from Morris 4x4

4PlayFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
4PlayFlorida
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsjeep View Post
Easy boys he's trying. 33 inch tires are a strain on a Dana 35, but 2 axles in 6 month, possible but not likely. Do you have a tendency to dump the clutch? When you changed the axle last time was there any other damage? It is fairly easy to pickup a used OEM Dana 35 axle . You might want to try that to keep the cost down. I ran a Dana 35 for years with 33's and never broke an axle, spiders are another story...
The time before my barring fell apart nd my wheel & axle went flyin off when I was getting towed back home. This time I was all at fault cause I tried doing something my axles are not meant for. Got a little first time courage on the street. But yeah other then times like that its been handling everything I've takin it through. Its been fun but I'm takin it easy till I swap axles. I'll have some muddin videos up soon.

I'M NEW TO THE FORUM JUST SIGNED UP YESTERDAY FOR PREMIUM
Unread 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
Jeepfan1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4PlayFlorida View Post
The time before my barring fell apart nd my wheel & axle went flyin off when I was getting towed back home. This time I was all at fault cause I tried doing something my axles are not meant for. Got a little first time courage on the street. But yeah other then times like that its been handling everything I've takin it through. Its been fun but I'm takin it easy till I swap axles. I'll have some muddin videos up soon.

I'M NEW TO THE FORUM JUST SIGNED UP YESTERDAY FOR PREMIUM
Jeepfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #19
jdubsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, be safe. Remember these things tip over quite easily if you drive it like a sports car. Go check out the Redneck Yacht club, it's in your neighborhood
jdubsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
4PlayFlorida
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsjeep View Post
Sounds good, be safe. Remember these things tip over quite easily if you drive it like a sports car. Go check out the Redneck Yacht club, it's in your neighborhood
yep yep they just had an event for Veterans Day
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
4PlayFlorida
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtime_ironman View Post
Hope you got a warranty on it anyway. There really isn't much you can do with a D35 and expect it to last. That's whay most guys just swap it out. I'm actually wondering why mine lasted this long, cuz I *know* the PO wheeled it on the rocks. He sent me pics.
Bought it from Quadratec not Morris 4x4 my apologies. Yeah its under warranty and have already got another axle on its way. Had an air bubble in it, you can tell by just looking at where it broke in half.
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
exige05
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Idk guys, I been on a quest to blow up my 35 to the point I'm trying to wheelie my jeep at almost every stop light, sign, etc. I've spun it through mud and all I get is disappointment cuz the wife won't let me replace anything till it breaks.....
exige05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #23
jmmorgan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by exige05 View Post
Idk guys, I been on a quest to blow up my 35 to the point I'm trying to wheelie my jeep at almost every stop light, sign, etc. I've spun it through mud and all I get is disappointment cuz the wife won't let me replace anything till it breaks.....
Throw a couple of BB's in it?
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #24
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exige05 View Post
It won't last long with no gear lube in it... just saying...
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #25
exige05
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Nah guys she's smarter then the average bear.... I mean lady :-)
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #26
exige05
1988 YJ Wrangler 

She actually went so far as to find me another 87-90 3.07 rear in great shape and threw it in the back of her patriot to get it home just incase I do blow it so I won't have reason to regear and spend money......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.