Someone Tell Me Why I bought the RE 4.5 XD Lift - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Someone Tell Me Why I bought the RE 4.5 XD Lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

View Poll Results: Did Your Rubicon Express Springs Sag?
Yes. 19 38.78%
No. 30 61.22%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #46
The Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexelsteve
Paid, 460 out the door for 4 bds 3.5" springs and bushings. Everything else you need you can come up with for less than a hundred bucks.

Is that right from BDS or from elsewhere? I might be interested in picking that up.

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #47
Sahara01
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buck
Is that right from BDS or from elsewhere? I might be interested in picking that up.
BDS only sell's through dealer's, no direct sales.
Shortbus Offroad Team #242
sponsored by
www.rockkrawler.com, GOODYEAR TIRES, http://www.browndogoffroad.com/ , Solid Axle Industries, Genright,
Sahara01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #48
KrwlinTJ
Wasting time & money

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have the RE xd on my jeep for about 3 yrs now and they havent saged.. I love the RE 4.5 flexes like mad, rides like a caddilac.... I will never buy anything else but RE ..

A freind of mine bought the bds lift kit, and the rear sagged within a week, and it rides like as if the rear was welded to the frame. He pulled out the bds and put in the RE XD 4.5, and he loves it . The funny part he told me that he should have listened to me in the first place.

4 Cyl out 6 Cyl going in..

My DIY Snorkel write up Click here...
Homemade Snorkel

Chevy 4.3 Conversion Click here...4.3 Chevy Conversion
KrwlinTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #49
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

I installed BDS 5" springs over a year ago. There was one spring that was about 1/2 inch less lift than the other in the front. The place I bought them from said not to worry they would all even out after they were flexed and broken in. I figured I'd give it a try so I went wheelin. After about 2 months the one spring was still 1/2 inch lower and none of them had sagged any more than the others. I took it back, showed the dealer and this time they called BDS which promptly sent a new spring. I put it on and after some wheelin the Jeep sits perfectly. These springs are about as plush as you can get and are far more smooth than stock. Based on my experience I would highly recommend the BDS springs. I also liked them over the RE XD because I didn't want to run longer shackles to get 5" of lift.

Another thing-I called RE and BDS customer service techs prior to deciding. The RE guy said they would not warranty a spring that had been over flexed due to an improper placement of a bump stop or no bump stop at all. The BDS guy said that they didn't care about bump stops or flexing, if the spring breaks they'd replace it. He also said he doubted you could reverse arc the spring anyway but no matter, they would still replace it if it breaks. I was sold at that point.
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #50
coachholland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Though I'm glad you brought this back up. I like hearing about that no fine print, no qualms, no BS lifetime warranty. Sounds like an excellent company.
Unread 11-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #51
Nates93yj
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Why does batman always come up? :lol:
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Nates93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #52
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Three years later I still regret buying RE springs rather than BDS.

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #53
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler View Post
Well, Paul, if you knew a good lawyer, you could have sued.

On a serious note: Why don't you just swap them out for BDS 5"ers?

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #54
GrizzlyBear67
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler View Post
No kidding, just replace them,everyone knows you have to be swimming in money to afford to live in Camarillo!

Just kidding, but on a serious note, nice YJ you built and I enjoyed the photo album. FYI, originally from Santa Clarita...
GrizzlyBear67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #55
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Well, Paul, if you knew a good lawyer, you could have sued.

On a serious note: Why don't you just swap them out for BDS 5"ers?

WRM

Simple....I just spent $300,000 on my divorce! Plus the add a leaf I put in to level it out is still holding.

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #56
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

$300,000 on the divorce. Yea that will take the wind out if a person..Holy **** batman!
Unread 11-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #57
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

OUCH!!!
Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I think you shoud post up her new address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.