A solution to all yj problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A solution to all yj problems

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A solution to all yj problems

Ok
I have posted on my cold start problem and chased it round and round, I have a solution for anyone having problems that cant seem to be answered with out a I think answer. Call your ins company add full coverage then go total the peace of crap

zombiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Or you can sell it to someone who has a little more patience.

I'm always in the market to buy another jeep. You are a little far away though.
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ya California is far from close, is it patience or more $ ?
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
tydp
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Both
tydp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I think patience and proper trouble shooting
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Patience is not a prob proper trouble shooting has been done if you search my posts you will find I have been searching and picking the brains of many of the members here, along with my Haines repair book for weeks Patience is not a issue and $ is not, I just hate to waste it.

Teenage years left many years ago, with age comes wisdom the wisdom to ask, Hay do these panties fit my head?
Unread 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Maineshootah
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Location: San Tan Valley, Arizona or Maine, depends on the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiepirate View Post
Ok
I have posted on my cold start problem and chased it round and round, I have a solution for anyone having problems that cant seem to be answered with out a I think answer. Call your ins company add full coverage then go total the peace of crap
live in AZ, work in Maine... let's talk if you want to get rid of th 95.

My 95 YJ cross country (AZ to ME) frame swap thread.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/maineshootahs-cross-country-95-yj-build-1487587/
Maineshootah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Sparrows
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lets not forget that insurance fraud is a felony ...you can ship that yj to me. I will give her the love she needs.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
jred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, we've all been at that point, but I don't think anyone here would *actually* commit ins. fraud. I always leaned towards parking in a bad part of town or, my favorite: fire!!!! Burn her! She's a witch!!! Oh, wait, wrong movie.
jred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #10
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well
I got more response from this post but still no hay!! I know!! what the problem is. there will be no ins fraud, the jeep is not worth doing that or the extra cost of coverage. But no more Mr nice guy !!!

Time to treat it like a jeep drive it hard, like it was stolen and put it away wet as it is going to rain all week and put in a new fuel pump while it drip dries
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey zombie, I thought you had it figured out. Is it driving ok now?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Perstanace pays off

Que
Nop Problem still exists, Well not today due to I dropped my tank to install a new pump That I got at advanced auto this morning then home I went on a empty tank to change it, ran out of gas as I turned in my driveway and coasted into the garage So no need to drain tank, HAY all my bolts came out and nuts also much to my surprise. What I found as soon as I dropped the tank is two things I myself and no one else thought of. But first let me back up Sawduste lead me to the fuel pressure reg witch worked for a few days, then back to same old, so for the hell of it I returned the reg for a new one. well when I removed the first new Reg I noticed that the inner o-ring had a nick in it. so I very carefully installed the new one o-ring first then Reg still no better So OK now: confused: here I sit this morning broken hearted hope to **** but only farted My time to think My thoughts were, OK new Reg, OK for a few days then bad my thought was the new reg stressed the pump even more and made it worse just me thinking here. so back to what I found the first was dry rotted rubber fuel lines, Then after inspection ah ha pin holes in the sending unit fuel line tubes. Back to parts store to return pump I Bought this morning and order a sending unit complete w/pump & strainer. now advanced new pump was $112.60 there whole unit was $315.00 and 9 days out, so J/B wield But first I went to O-Riley auto parts There sending unit with pump and strainer was $146.00 2 days out dam order me 2 just one so I'm on hold until Wednesday I'm thinking the pin holes and rotted lines were a big factor pulling air and bleed off . So with all that and time to clean things up and do some undercoating. I am in hope when I put it back together things are A-OK then I will post and let any one know what I learned today
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I actually thought it was the pump and not the regulator.He nailed the fuel pressure problem but regulator is almost always failing high pressure and the pump is usually low pressure. The fact you got those bolts out easy means the po must have pulled it at one point for an issue. Keep us posted.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Update

Ok
Yesterday I installed the new sending unit complete with new pump and fuel lines. This morning still hard start had to cycle key 4 times before it would start, I had no cel until after I had turned it over then it came on and I still have a issue WTF
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #15
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Que
Now I am at a loss don't know where to go next ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.