Softtop door issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Softtop door issues

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
TonkaYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Softtop door issues

I installed a supertop in the fall with my full steel doors, then in the spring I installed my half doors with the soft uppers that came with the top. The problem I had was that when I tried to close the doors the frames for the uppers were hitting the vertical retainer mounts preventing the doors from closing. I looked at all possible adjustments and really only had one option and that was to remove the mounts and switch the sides they were mounted on. As per the manual I mounted them with the holes for the vertical rods curving to the outside of the body but I had to remount them with the holes curving inwards and now things line up right. Also things never seemed to fit right with the full doors on but at least they did close. Anyone else have this problem? Is it a misprint or do I need to switch these things everytime I change doors? Input?

TonkaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
InEmberClad
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I got my jeep with no top and half doors. They were hooked inwards like that when I got it. I had to switched them when I got full doors and a supertop. I think they're just that way.
InEmberClad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I dunno. I have mine facing out and they work fine with my full steel doors and my soft Superdoors. Do they hit the metal of the door? I had to make adjustments to my doors themselves to get them to seal.
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
TonkaYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No, they hit the uppers just above the metal door. Hitting the uppers wouldnt be such a big deal but were they make contact, the metal frame work of the uppers makes contact with the vertical mounts preventing the doors from closing. I will try to post pics of the problem later.
TonkaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.