Softopper Soft Top Review - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Softopper Soft Top Review

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #31
tdavid14
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm considering this for my Rubicon. My old softop has holes from folding down and wearing through. Looks like they have a model for factory door surrounds and full doors.

tdavid14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #32
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was reading this thread this morning and came back to the laptop to see that it was bumped.

I have a question: does anyone think this top will fit with a rockhard cage installed? Are there measurements from the windshield to the bracket on the roll cage? The knuckles on the cage look like they would be in the way...
Unread 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I brought this thread back to life because I'm thinking about selling my CJ-7 hardtop and getting a tan softopper. I already have spice TJ uppers and a black top so some color coordination wouldn't hurt.

The main reason I want to get one is because I don't wheel with the hardtop. I always take it off and drive to trails. I usually get into some sticky situations and more than likely I'll tear it up. One thing about the softops is they don't creak and can be handled with one person.

Anyway, I want to see if those that are running them still like them and how the elements have treated it thus far.

Here's what I'm working with now. I wouldn't mind having the same colors for the top.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #34
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^ i would like to know as well. im tired of taking 20 min to take off my hard top by myself and i dont like the look of the factory soft tops.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #35
c_coops
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've had one on for two summers now and my only complaint is the fact that water pools on the top when it rains and pours into the tub when I open the door. I need to make some kind of bow that I can mount between the spreader bars to give the top a bit of an arch.

Other than that it's great. It looks good, fits tight, is quieter than a normal soft top and only takes a few minutes to take off/put on.
c_coops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_coops View Post
I've had one on for two summers now and my only complaint is the fact that water pools on the top when it rains and pours into the tub when I open the door. I need to make some kind of bow that I can mount between the spreader bars to give the top a bit of an arch.

Other than that it's great. It looks good, fits tight, is quieter than a normal soft top and only takes a few minutes to take off/put on.
thanks alot for the info.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #37
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes. Thanks for letting us know. I might make one of those spreaders in the FAQ section.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
frameless soft top , install , review , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.