soft tops............... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soft tops...............

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-23-2001, 03:15 AM   #1
JeepinMan22

soft tops...............

hello....well im looking into a new soft top, im thinking about the bestop replace a top. does anyone have this or have any experciences with it? also how quite it is? and should i sell my hardtop and just run the softtop in the winter, or will i want the hard top in the winter? is there any other tops i shoult think about without robbing a bank?
thanks
mike

Unread 06-23-2001, 12:43 PM   #2
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Don't sell the hardtop - you'll be sorry later. I've got a bestop replacment top and it fits just like the factory one.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2001, 11:24 PM   #3
Drewson

About 5 years ago I bought a "California Top" from a company I saw in JP magazine. Ironically, they are based in Canada. This is a soft top that does not use those unsightly metal tube frame for the rear, but rests on the roll cage itself. I love them because all five windows are a dark tint, something you cant find anywhere. Also, I derived great pleasure from ripping off those stupid metal frame bars.
Chrome/diamond plate everything not welded on
Drewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2001, 11:54 PM   #4
shea324@aol.com

I went from a hardtop to a Bestop Supertop for the summer. The supertop is worth the extra $ over the replace-a-top, however it is hard to go from a hard top to either. The only way I would consider a soft top is if you were planning on leaving the top off most of the time. But even the supertop is loud above 40mph.

My Supertop is 3 months old, its the middle of the summer, and I still miss my Hardtop
Unread 07-15-2001, 03:11 AM   #5
Mike Johnson

Take a look at the Windbreaker top from RockGear. I just got mine and really like it. One of the best features is that the sides and rear roll up and self store into pockets in the top. Well make and nice fitting. www.rockgearinc.com
Jeep- The Offical Vehicle of My Mid-life Crisis.
Mike Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.