Soft Top Torn - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top Torn

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-02-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
92Blue

Soft Top Torn

My soft top has torn by one of the zippers of the back window. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? I'm trying to save from having to buy a new top..... THanks for the help.

92Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2002, 11:47 PM   #2
Tailgummer

Most top shops (convertable top shops) can re-sew the zipper for a few bucks or ad a patch etc. I had an old top repaired about 8 times before finally selling the Jeep.
WWW.4x4xnorthwest.com
Tailgummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 12:31 PM   #3
Plink

Best thing to do is go and buy some very heavy thread at a material store and get some think needles. It's pretty easy. Just use the same holes. My wife pulled the top off and sat down one night while we watched a movie and replaced just about all the old thread on one side on the top. The thread we used was covered in wax.
[B]Need new front and rear bumpers[/B]
[B]HAM: KB3JQS[/B]
Plink is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.