Soft Top Restore - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top Restore

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
JJ Jeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Soft Top Restore

OK guys......I found something that is incredible at restoring a soft top. I had a black Bestop that was close to 3 years old that was on my son's YJ. It has seen its fair share of brush scratches and mud. In fact, it was really stained on the doors and sides from a red mud run that was left to harden a year ago. I had almost lost hope and was looking to buy a new one when I read a write-up on the Meguiar's natural shine vinyl and rubber protectant. I decided to give it a try.....it was only $6.00 at AutoZone. I very carefully used Purple Power and a soft bristle brush to scrub the top down and rinsed extremely well.......I was very careful not to get any on the windows. I had also completely disassembled the top and unzipped the back and side windows. I then, in small areas, sprayed down the top with the Meguiar's and used a soft cloth to rub it in. I must say that the top looks like it is brand new. It does not have the "gaudy" glossy shine, nor does it have the Armor All greasey look. It is perfect.....and it does not seem to attract the dirt that Armor All does. I could not be happier. I also tried it on my Bushwacker flares and they came out awesome also.....just tellin you my experience.

JJ Jeep

JJ Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
blue1989yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Good find. Now we need the pics of course.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.