Soft top part-What is it? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top part-What is it?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Soft top part-What is it?

Sorry. No picture, but maybe my explanation will help you see it. Bought my little jeep last month with a Safari top and a soft top. I put the soft top on and have 2 straps I don't know where to put. They are at the back window. Both are about 6 to 8 inches long. They have a rectangular plastic or rubber piece at the end of them. They are somewhat elastic. Where do they go? I know about the straps to roll the window up. I'm using those. But these other 2 just hang there.

lah2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They are used to "tie" the frame down when you take the top off. The strap wraps around the folded frame and the plastic thingy tucks into the frame rail...........
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Makes sense. I thought I was missing something when I put the top on. Thanks. I was afraid I was going to freeze to death. Temperatures are dropping into the 70s at night here in SW Arkansas. And only in the mid 90s during the day for the weekend. After 106 yesterday, I might have needed a coat to run with the safari top. My 87 had a hard top. So much easier to put on and take off.
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

You guys in Ark. are such panseys. Come up to New england and play. We don't even put socks on if there isn't 4 inches of snow on the ground.

Happy Wheeling!!!
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I grew up in Illinois. I prefer being a pansy to the snow. They roll up the sidewalks and close everything but where I work when just the forecast calls for snow flurries here.
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
ejeeperguy
1982 CJ7 

Okay I give you street cred for Ill. I was there at Chanut A.F.B. in Jan. cold is cold.
ejeeperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
They are used to "tie" the frame down when you take the top off. The strap wraps around the folded frame and the plastic thingy tucks into the frame rail...........
x2, this would be those straps. Or your talking about the straps that hang from the rear window? those are used to 'stow the rear window when you have your top up and the windows out. instead of removing the rear window you can just roll it up

edit: temps dropping to 70 and you freeze? jeeze, i think you would hate it here in NY in the winter then... keep a hoodie in the rig
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.