soft top hardware for YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top hardware for YJ

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 05-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
thecrew2999

soft top hardware for YJ

im looking for the bolt sizes and what is used to connect a soft top to a 1990 YJ also the bolts that connect the soft top hardware to itself...

i noticed on the setup i got there is a butterfly type thumb fastener to hold the smaller bar on to the frame rails ...
im missing one on the one side so where do i get that ?

see i dont know what im even talking about i havent ever used a soft top before..

so if someone understands what im saying please chime in pictures or the stuff i need would be great or even a link

thanks

thecrew2999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Well if it's a Bestop Supertop here you go>>>http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/54600.pdf. If you have full steel doors this top will work. The instructions show half doors.
Look on the plastic side windows for a manufacturer name. They have websites with instructions.
Unread 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
BestopTeam

Burnerman gives good advice - that install sheet will show the breakdown of bolts and bits you need, and the quantity of each. The YJ top is simple to install. You won't have any problems. But let us know if you do. csbestop@bestop.com or 800-845-3567
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
thecrew2999

page 9 ballhead stud im missing one.... where do i locate it or what can i use in place of?
thecrew2999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrew2999 View Post
page 9 ballhead stud im missing one.... where do i locate it or what can i use in place of?
Call or email Geoff at Bestop. He gave you the info. I need the ones I have. They maybe able to hook you up. Vendors that post up on the forums do so to help. They like good public feedback. If I were you I'd be good friends with Geoff!
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
brewer
2000 WJ 

related but different... anyone know where I can find parts for a California Top? There is a website that still works, but I don't get responses from the email attached which leads me to believe its been an abandoned site, and likely gone out of business. I've been making due with a couple of shabby fabrication clips to get me by until I either A) spend the time to make new proper clips or B) track down the guy who made the first one. Think his name is Tim Taylor... and yeah, I know... like the TV show Home Improvement, but for real... that's the name he gave me when I bought the top some 5 years ago! LOL!
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
BestopTeam

It's a BAILHEAD STUD, actually. It goes from the top bow thru to the channel, and locks the top in when you twist it. Basically like a key. And we can replace it. Give Customer Support Team a call at 800-845-3567.
BestopTeam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.