SOFT TOP frame parts help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SOFT TOP frame parts help!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
dougbrown
1998 TJ Wrangler 

SOFT TOP frame parts help!

Hello I'm in need of the plastic pieces that make the frame slide in the track on the driver side frame rail. The P/o never side anything about them being broke and now I know why I have problems with the top not staying on on that side! I called quadratec and they told me I need a new frame. I don't have that kinda money.

So if you could help me with where to get them it be great!

dougbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you mean one of these, then you're probably going to need to locate some used hardware to cannabilize the part you need.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Dewster196
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check With Davey
http://www.daveysjeeps.com/specials.html
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your best bet is to either buy a new frame (I got mine for $100, it's not that bad if you shop around and check with local places) or make something up yourself, if you have to fab something that will just keep the top in the up position for the mean time so you dont get caught with your top down in any bad weather (see what I did there ) Haha. Zip ties do wonders but I doubt you'll find those specific pieces to replace.
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
klrstew
1992 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replac...p_hardware.php

All the parts broken down. there are a few individual parts you can buy separately. donno if they have in individual part your looking for. good luck.
klrstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
dougbrown
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys but no luck!
dougbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.