soft top cleaner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top cleaner?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-14-2002, 01:29 PM   #1
spgsig

soft top cleaner?

Whats the best cleaner for my aftermarket Best Top? Also whats the best way to get the scratches out of the windows?

Borla Header and high flow exhaust
more to come....
spgsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

Check out <a href="http://www.4wd.com." target="_blank">www.4wd.com.</a> They have a product called "Novus Plastic Cleaner/Polish". It's a real easy 2-step product that makes your windows like new.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 02:26 PM   #3
GothicJeep

Or run down to the local marina or boat supply store. They sell stuff for plastic windows on boat covers called plastic restorer- $9.99 or so and it works like a miracle....

Goth...

'Blue Zombie' (My 2002 TJ SE)
30x9.5 Hi-Tec Muds, Olympic Dave's Rack, and a BUTTLOAD of tow hooks...

My blog! Dr. Zombie's Midnight Theater or Terror
GothicJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 04:33 PM   #4
rick_chicago

You'll find a number of products at your auto parts store that do a decent job of cleaning the windows and removing minor scratches. Many swear by a particular brand, others don't care. The bottom line - you'll clean them up, but you will not get major scratches out, period.

As for the top - soapy water and a brush. I'd shy away from many products that leave any residue. For optimal care, your soft top needs to breathe, and many products inhibit this.
Unread 05-14-2002, 06:22 PM   #5
spgsig

Thanks for the help.
Borla Header and high flow exhaust
more to come....
spgsig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2002, 02:03 AM   #6
puckeater1

being a pilot, if you can get a hold of a can of PRIST thats the best stuff for windows. A/C windows are usually non glass and need special stuff, i use that on my jeep windows for normal wiping, and you dont use water with it. It also puts and ionized film on the plastic that repels dust. You can find this stuff at any a/c hanger, at any small field.
Unread 05-15-2002, 08:20 AM   #7
GREGDOG95YJ

there is this stuff on the leon rosser jeep web page <a href="http://www.thinkoffraod.com" target="_blank">www.thinkoffraod.com</a> that they sell called plexus for plastic windows. it is great for the windows. they also sell 303 cleaner/protectant for the soft top.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2002, 09:20 AM   #8
jfarrell

I recently used the 3M Marine Plastic Window Cleaner that I got from a boating store. It worked great and also works like a wax that helps the water run off easier. It was about 10 bucks and I didn't use a whole lot. Major scratches are there to stay but small ones will clear up some.

Cleaner - I found stuff from Starbrite at the boat shop (10 bucks a bottle). It works well combined with 303 protectant. Hope this helps.
jfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.