Soft top advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top advice

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Cards89YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Soft top advice

I have an 89 YJ Islander edition. It was originally a soft top version with half steel doors. The PO removed all soft top hardware and put a hard top and hard uppers on.

I am wanting to get a soft top for the spring and summer but am very limited on funds. I really can only spend around 300.00 max. I probably can't get anything new for that price since I need the following:

Soft top and frame
Soft upper doors and frame
All hardware to attach to Jeep (I know if I go factory hardware, I need the pieces that go down the side of the windshield frame, but does the bestop supertop with soft uppers require these?)
Retaining channels for doors

I keep checking craigs list but can't find exactly what I am needing so far. Any other ideas? Does anyone on here have what I am looking for?

Cards89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy got a brand new Bestop Supertop for his CJ-7 (same for a YJ) with all the hardware and bow assembly for $200. The only thing it didn't come with was front uppers for the half doors. He found it on Craiglist.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
Cards89YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wow! I guess some people get lucky. I have been search all kind different cities and states over the past two weeks and noone has what I need or either they have a torn up top that they still want a fortune for.
Cards89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards89YJ View Post
Wow! I guess some people get lucky. I have been search all kind different cities and states over the past two weeks and noone has what I need or either they have a torn up top that they still want a fortune for.
Believe it or not my buddy bought it in the town where I live. He lives 45 minutes North of me. I have the exact same softop only mine is 10 years old and raggedy. Imagine how jealous I was when I found out. Then again he didn't have a top for his jeep at all.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.