Soft top advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top advice

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Gear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #16
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I really like my Supertop NX to be honest. I mostly like the fact that the hardware appears to be stock, unlike the round tube frame and Velcro the other Bestop's have. I do REALLY wish I had the Sunrider option though... But I could not get the Sunrider with tinted windows in spice. As for the NX top, I can put it fully up in just 5 minutes (yes, I have timed myself at work when it started to rain on the way in once and just had 7 minutes before 8am! What I love is how well the soft doors fit the frame, not only do they sit recessed into the frame and not on the outside of the top, I have no wind flapping at speeds as high as 75-80 with everything closed up AND the heater outside vent open! It takes a few minutes more to work with all the snaps along the top of the doors, but I will take that over Velcro that has started to wear and not hold as well. The top folds back nice and has some elastic that wraps over the frame and hooks into the belt rail to keep it from rattling (although, it's not enough to stop all the rattles on bumpy roads) I have not had water puddle up on the top yet, so it sheds rain very nice and does not leak at all!

Two downsides... you MUST have half doors and the full doors will not work, and you must drill holes in the windshield frame along the sides of the frame. It's fine with the soft top, but I put the hard top on in the winter and the frame that attaches to the windshield frame must be removed, leaving the drilled holes visible. But, it's only in the winter and it gives you a good time to make sure the holes don't start to rust!

Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefyter-Emt View Post
I really like my Supertop NX to be honest. I mostly like the fact that the hardware appears to be stock, unlike the round tube frame and Velcro the other Bestop's have. I do REALLY wish I had the Sunrider option though... But I could not get the Sunrider with tinted windows in spice. As for the NX top, I can put it fully up in just 5 minutes (yes, I have timed myself at work when it started to rain on the way in once and just had 7 minutes before 8am! What I love is how well the soft doors fit the frame, not only do they sit recessed into the frame and not on the outside of the top, I have no wind flapping at speeds as high as 75-80 with everything closed up AND the heater outside vent open! It takes a few minutes more to work with all the snaps along the top of the doors, but I will take that over Velcro that has started to wear and not hold as well. The top folds back nice and has some elastic that wraps over the frame and hooks into the belt rail to keep it from rattling (although, it's not enough to stop all the rattles on bumpy roads) I have not had water puddle up on the top yet, so it sheds rain very nice and does not leak at all!

Two downsides... you MUST have half doors and the full doors will not work, and you must drill holes in the windshield frame along the sides of the frame. It's fine with the soft top, but I put the hard top on in the winter and the frame that attaches to the windshield frame must be removed, leaving the drilled holes visible. But, it's only in the winter and it gives you a good time to make sure the holes don't start to rust!
Nice write up. Thx!

KCCO
jaycal3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
Paranoia55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefyter-Emt

Yes thanks for the info!
Paranoia55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.