Soft top on 88yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top on 88yj

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-31-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Chase0808
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have an 88 yj with a soft top. The top is not the rounded version, it's the squared one. I'm buying full doors so I was wondering where I can find a top and hardware for it. Preferably grey with tinted windows. Also kind of want to find one on eBay to save a little bit of money.

Chase0808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

if you put a family roll cage in from a newer yj, you can get a softopper
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Chase0808
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is there any modifications for the squared off top because I've been looking for family style roll bars but I can't find them?
Chase0808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure Bestop makes what you want. Go to www.quadratec.com and run the softtop advisor.

My Bestop has rounded corners. I use half doors, but they have the rounded corners which I think are similar to hard doors. Not positive on that.

Example: http://www.quadratec.com/products/11002_6XX_PG.htm
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase0808 View Post
I'm buying full doors so I was wondering where I can find a top and hardware for it. Preferably grey with tinted windows. Also kind of want to find one on eBay to save a little bit of money.
If you find a grey soft top with the round corner and tinted windows, get 2 and I'll buy the other one

I looked for a grey top of any kind just a couple of years ago
The only one I could find was the Pavement ends flip top without tinted windows
It was supposedly the last of the only 3 grey ones left in the country
At the time, Besttop said they discontinuted grey some time ago with no chance of them again

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

BesTop Supertop. That's what I run, works with full doors and half doors with the rounded corner.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just buy a black one, install it, and wait for 6 months. It will be a nice gray.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.