Soft top ????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top ?????

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Soft top ?????

I am looking to sell my soft top to this guy I have full steel doors can he use my soft top with his half doors and plastic uppers? Thanks guy!

1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Styx
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think that probably depends on what top you have
Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Styx
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I was thinking he had full doors. I'm pretty sure soft uppers will work with any soft top.
Styx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
Sorry I was thinking he had full doors. I'm pretty sure soft uppers will work with any soft top.
They won't, soft uppers have a squared off top and full doors are rounded.
timatoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
I am looking to sell my soft top to this guy I have full steel doors can he use my soft top with his half doors and plastic uppers? Thanks guy!
Soft tops with square corners (like the factory top) need upper doors with square corners. Soft tops with round corners (like the Bestop Supertop) need upper doors with round corners.

Does your top have square or round corners? Do his uppers have square or round corneres? Answer these questions and you will answer your question.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys he is only giving me 150 so I'm not going to sell. It's not worth it for me

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.