Soft Doors w/ Factory Hard Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Doors w/ Factory Hard Top

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
h2performance
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Soft Doors w/ Factory Hard Top

Hello. I been trying to figure this out for a while and been doing a lot of research but have not been able to find out anything for 100% certain. I dont think a lot of people do this but I would like to run full soft doors with my hard top. I have a 95 yj and a factory hard top. Currently I have full doors but in the summer I would like to run soft doors with my hard top. The doors I am looking at are the best top 2-piece soft doors which are approximately $400. Prior to ordering I want to be certain since it is a lot of money. Does anyone know if the best top 2-piece doors will work with my hard top? Any other suggestions? Thanks for anyones help in advance.

h2performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
jmmorgan82

I'm 99% sure they won't line up right. Geoff at Bestop is a member on here, I'd hit him up.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Bosch
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I remember seeing a Bestop video where they explained that their soft windows were designed to be run with factory hard tops...but I can't find it.

Best thing would be to contact them directly and ask.

1-800-845-3567, Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm, MST.
Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think you've gotta run super top comparable door uppers. They're the rounded; not the square.
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
deerslayer123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It looks you should be able to run your hard top and the best top 2 piece soft doors. Best top calls it the 2-Piece Doors for Supertop, Sunrider for CJ-7 & Jeep Wrangler, 80-95.

part number 51783

It has the curved top to fit the hard top and not the square to fit the soft top.

http://www.bestop.com/bestop-product/?p=2-piece-and-soft-upper-doors

after you bring up the link look to the right and click on the part number which brings up a yj picture with the 2 piece doors

the pic is a yj that would appear to work for ya.
deerslayer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosch View Post
I remember seeing a Bestop video where they explained that their soft windows were designed to be run with factory hard tops...but I can't find it.

Best thing would be to contact them directly and ask.

1-800-845-3567, Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm, MST.
If it was the one I seen it was explaining why you can run the supertop with factory hard doors not the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer123 View Post
It looks you should be able to run your hard top and the best top 2 piece soft doors. Best top calls it the 2-Piece Doors for Supertop, Sunrider for CJ-7 & Jeep Wrangler, 80-95.

The picture on the page is of a TJ and last I read those are the uppers that are needed. The TJ uppers have a round corner and an extra kick out near the base that matches with the lines of a hard top. Even though YJ uppers can be round cornered they have a straight back.

part number 51783

It has the curved top to fit the hard top and not the square to fit the soft top.

http://www.bestop.com/bestop-product/?p=2-piece-and-soft-upper-doors

after you bring up the link look to the right and click on the part number which brings up a yj picture with the 2 piece doors

the pic is a yj that would appear to work for ya.
The picture on the page is a TJ. Those are the uppers you need if I remember correctly. Notice the extra notch towards the base compared to the straight back of the YJ.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
h2performance
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for all the help. I think I might try to call best top today and see what they say. If anyone is interested I will reply to this thread with what they say. Thanks again.
h2performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
T_TT
1995 YJ Wrangler 

On my 95 I had soft upper and lower Bestop doors for there YJ Supertop. They fit with my hardtop.

Since I store the YJ in the winter I sold the hardtop, and purchased a Softtopper. The soft doors even work with that top.
T_TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #9
deerslayer123
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor View Post
If it was the one I seen it was explaining why you can run the supertop with factory hard doors not the opposite.

The picture on the page is a TJ. Those are the uppers you need if I remember correctly. Notice the extra notch towards the base compared to the straight back of the YJ.
yes the pic that comes when you click the link is a TJ. if you look to the right and click on the part number I said it brings up the YJ with the 2 piece doors. Sorry if I wasnt clear enough.
deerslayer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
jmmorgan82

I know I've seen plenty of examples on this forum where the YJ soft uppers from Bestop will not fit a hard top. If you look Here, you will see a huge difference. Those are Bestop soft uppers on a hard half door, but I am sure fitment would be about the same. If you go to Google and type in "site:jeepforum.com bestop soft doors yj hardtop" without the "s, you will get all of the info you need.
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.